Synth trickery

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now, get a couple keyboard geeks, and you can leave the entire pit at home,...............

why stop there, just leave the entire corps home except the guard which will soon be dropped after they pass the use of a light show

now, get a couple keyboard geeks, and you can leave the entire pit at home,...............

I know you're being sarcastic, but that won't happen because there are always plenty of young mallet percussionists willing to pay a ton of money to a corps for the opportunity to march with them.

I know you're being sarcastic, but that won't happen because there are always plenty of young mallet percussionists willing to pay a ton of money to a corps for the opportunity to march with them.

The question remains, however...

Is a MalletKat Marimba legal?

• 3 weeks later...
That's probably the most likely way someone will get booed off the field. I think people will try to be innovative with synths, but I don't think anyone is going to be outright stupid with them. Then again, I've been proven wrong time and again when it comes to how stupid some people will be...

And I think the introduction of woodwinds is probably the most likely way for most brass players to stop marching. I just doing think its ever going to happen. I suppose it could...but hopefully not

It just occured to me, if any corps wanted to have woodwinds on the field in 09, it would be as easy as pushing a button and some keys. Anyone think that will be tried?

Everyone is posting concerns about the corps using electronics to produce artificial woodwinds. I think an even scarier proposition is the use of electronics to produce artificial BRASS. No need to practice for months to get 60 horns to blow your face off, when you can pull down a menu, select "brassline", press the chord you want, and slide the fader knob to "11". :worthy:

Edited by scottgordon

Everyone is posting concerns about the corps using electronics to produce artificial woodwinds. I think an even scarier proposition is the use of electronics to produce artificial BRASS. No need to practice for months to get 60 horns to blow your face off, when you can pull down a menu, select "brassline", press the chord you want, and slide the fader knob to "11". :worthy:

why even bother posting?

The rule, as passed, is stupidly written.

Sampling is a method of sound production. Synthesis is another.

Sequencing is a design technique.

I tend to think that all electronic music is a percussion instrument so by that definition…

Electronic instruments = electronophones

Instruments that are struck to produce sound = idiophones

Instruments that make sound through the vibration of a membrane = membranophones

http://www.music.vt.edu/musicdictionary/ap...rumentmain.html