Cadets 2002

Personally, I didn’t like the pledge part mainly because I don’t like the ‘under god’ part in the pledge and I recall them shouting that so I was ticked. I heard a boo too. Have not watched that show in years because of my memory of it.

Your memory is skewed. That portion of the pledge was no more loud than any other.

I do respect your opinion. So please undertand when I say that our rare perspectives on that day are not the point of reference from which others should judge the Cadets show. That's because they didn't see or feel what we did and can't be expected to respond as we do (or don't).

HH

You know what ? You are absolutely right. Pointed noted, advice taken.

Thanks

~G~

Generally, when you put political statements into a show you will split, alienate and tick off parts of the audience, which is bad GE so you should be nailed for it. Of course, it’s every corps right to take a side of an issue, but why would they?

Alienation and other negatives are a risk, not a certainty.

So why risk it? Because provactive is interesting enough to justify the risk. Boston Crusaders finished fifth with a similar theme yet we never talk about that show (to be fair, I'll concede we always talk about the Cadets!). Safe is just safe and not necessarily better.

The Cadets took a risk with the pledge, if not the entire theme. They pushed us to respond to their vision. Isn't that what art is all about?

HH

Umm, no, the crowd didnt eat it up, many found it inappropriate.

~G~

I'll give you how many found parts of it innapropriate. Many felt the opposite.

I'm truly curious as to the answer, but name a bigger genuine crowd reaction than the end of Boogie Woogie in the last 5 years. And it can include the end of a show as well. To me that section gives a pretty good definition of "eating it up".

Personally, I didn’t like the pledge part mainly because I don’t like the ‘under god’ part in the pledge and I recall them shouting that so I was ticked. I heard a boo too. Have not watched that show in years because of my memory of it.

Generally, when you put political statements into a show you will split, alienate and tick off parts of the audience, which is bad GE so you should be nailed for it. Of course, it’s every corps right to take a side of an issue, but why would they?

Hmm, the cadets must have moved across the aisle sometime between 2002 and 2007 then. Its nearly unheard of to go from a pro-god stance to a pro-abortion stance like they did in 07 /sarcasm

Oh, and to my ear, the people screaming 'under god' sounded like they were in the stands. I only saw / heard 2 shows though

Your memory is skewed. That portion of the pledge was no more loud than any other.

Could have been coming from the audience. I was talking about this show and this thread today with my husband and the first thing he said was "I didn't like that they screamed the under god part." But I don't remember the members themselves screaming it. It could very well have been the audience saying the pledge and emphasizing the under god part.

Could have been coming from the audience. I was talking about this show and this thread today with my husband and the first thing he said was "I didn't like that they screamed the under god part." But I don't remember the members themselves screaming it. It could very well have been the audience saying the pledge and emphasizing the under god part.

I watched our dvd's the other night to watch this show specifically and def. did not notice a louder "under god" as some have mentioned.

:thumbup: