Pioneer Open House - FLORIDA

Pokey

It is the one and the same school that has a drum corps....

Roman has made great strides in this union through a Pioneer alum Shane Ainsworth. Assistant director and tour manager Josh Purvis will be administrating the camp with hopes of filling up the hornline and guard numbers at this camp. The corps is off to its best winter in years judging from the camps' sucesses in Milwaukee , but we still have room for horn players and guard members. We are hoping to have a larger, and hopefully more competitve corps in 2008.

The music book is completed from Larry Kerchner, and at the next camp in Milwaukee will be finalized, which is a tremendous improvement from last year. The visual satff is working toward a higher level of instruction and design by Jeff Wroblewski from Indiana, and the music caption heads, brass and percussion are on the same page. Donny Allen and Tyler Orbison have returned as caption coordinators. Many new staff additions to assist them are moving the corps in a positive direction. Chad Quamme is the visual caption head and Seth Pearson is the guard caption head.

The corps recently purchased brand new King brass and Pearl percussion. The drums should be in by next camp.

If the corps can get the membership numbers to the point of competiton, the corps hopes to continue its growth in World Class. The lowest dues in World Class and the opportunity for sponsorship through its SOPY program information make Pioneer a great option to experience a full DCI World Class tour.

There are still openings in brass and guard, if interested in attending this audition camp please contact the corps office at http://www.pioneer-corps.org and fill out an on line application or call 414 327 2847.

Donny

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Donny. Glad to hear that Pioneer has good things going for it. Best wishes for a successful camp and increased numbers. There seems to be a bright future ahead.

J

Timmy's Fan

Does North Port use G or multi-key bugles? It would be totally convenient if you could use their horns for camp, cutting down on equipment travel costs.

I'll be there.... checking it out... I only live down the street

they use Bb and F Dynasty horns I believe.....

pioneer.jpg

Pioneer Drum Corps

DCI World Class

Open House - North Port High School - Florida

Pioneer WebSite

FEBRUARY 15-16-17 at North Port High School in NORTH PORT, FLORIDA.

The times are TBA. (Friday-Sat-Sunday)

The camp will be conducted by Josh Purvis

and

Shane Ainsworth (Lemon Bay High School Band Director)

Both are Pioneer Alumni.

For more information call Josh at: 414-702-0175

or e-mail Shane Ainsworth Shane's e-mail

Please bring instruments.

Pioneer

4601 Holt Avenue

Milwaukee, WI 53219

Roman Blenski, Director Tel. 414-327-2847

Fax. 414-543-8289

I grew up in upstate NY but I am a Floridian thru n thru...cut me and I bleed sand n palm trees.

Milwaukee??..Florida??..I am a tad confused..but if I am reading this right...God BLESS U guys for keeping drum corps alive in the Sunshine State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-)

The object here is to get students to realize that they can be part of a DCI touring corps even if they live in Florida, there are some very successful programs in Florida at present with Teal Sound, a few DCA and Alumni units, etc. But this opportunioty is to do a full tour during the summer with a DCI World Class corps.

Of course we realize that the Boston Crusaders are also down there, but again there is an abundance of talented students that either didnt try out for any other corps, or perhaps did try out and didnt get chosen for the final numbers.

We are also running a recruitment camp in Texas later in the month. Check the website for details. These are NOT full corps camps for the record.

Donny

Well I hope everyone else is enjoying their snow, I'm going to put on shorts, a T-shirt and sandals and go to class now!

:omg::lookaround: