Manhattan Transfer in Drum Corps

Has any Corps done anything from Manhattan Transfer. They have some amazing vocal progressions that would lend itself well to Drum Corps. Check out some here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNk51aslu-c

I would think a talented Corps arainger could make a song like that into something really special. Thoughts?

A small group from Dutch Boy played Corner Pocket at I&E in '82.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Ariatano did an really good arrangement of a tune by Manhattan Transfer called "Y-Not" (I think that was the title) for the 1988 Bayone Bridgemen.

BUT....the corps folded after they marched in the West Orange St. Patricks Day Parade.

That arrangement was fun to play and not sure if another corps ever played it or if John re-did it with someone else? It was also 20 years ago so my memory may be a bit fuzzy.

L

If I remember correctly, Chip Crotts (BD Soloist '92; ex-Spirit Brass Caption Head; Phantom Regiment co-brass caption head) played for Manhattan Transfer... just thought I'd throw that out there.

Has any Corps done anything from Manhattan Transfer. They have some amazing vocal progressions that would lend itself well to Drum Corps. Check out some here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNk51aslu-c

I would think a talented Corps arainger could make a song like that into something really special. Thoughts?

** passes note that says LOOK AT CORPSREP.COM to see ALL the music of Manhattan Transfer that has been played**

Shesh, you'd think some people would give just a bit more thought about questions like these.

Edited by sburstall

** passes note that says LOOK AT CORPSREP.COM to see ALL the music of Manhattan Transfer that has been played**

Shesh, you'd think some people would give just a bit more thought about questions like these.

** passes note back to Steve that says NOT ALL SONGS SUNG BY MANHATTAN TRANSFER WERE WRITTEN BY MANHATTAN TRANSFER **

Shesh. :omg: