What kind of mischievous things did YOU do BITD ?

Had THE Farrah Faucett poster too :rock:

But I was really in love with Kate Jackson :tongue:

I STILL have "the" Farrah Faucett poster!! :rock: The very one I had back in the '70's. It's kinda rag-tag now, but it's THE real one...

And ABSOLUTELY Kate Jackson was the true babe of that group... Jaclyn Smith was pretty hot, too (still is, actually!)

This one time, I took TWO puddings instead of just one!

:withstupid: ... yeah...and another time we stayed up wayyyyyy past midnight!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one time, I took TWO puddings instead of just one!

You REBEL, Apoch!!!!!

"You can't do a sit up"

Take one naive rookie...

Lay him on his back...

Put a bandanna over his eyes...

Surround him with othe corps members chanting,"You can't do a sit up", etc etc etc...

Take one hairy a@@ed male member of the corps,

Gassmeyer!

have him drop trou and squat over the bandanned face of the "Naive Rookie"...

Have chanting crowd shout, "Do a sit up!!!!"

Well, the rest you can only imagine.... :withstupid:

*snif snif* Good times!!!!!

Nancy

Hmmmm...where to start.

I remember having time to kill before the Legion parade in LA. We were up in a multi-level parking structure looking down on the parade route on Wilshire Blvd. Someone saw one of the original Honda import cars, the 600. Tiny thing, 2-cylinder air-cooled engine. Four drummers picked it up and turned it sideways in it's space and left it there.

Sedan_side.jpg

Picked up our M&M instructor in his sleeping bag and carried him outside into the middle of a busy city street in San Jose...during rush hour.

Hung a 21-bun salute on Watkins Glen Squires drumline off the roof of Meredith College in Raleigh/Durham.

Had to send a couple of sets of antlers back to the City of Jackson, WY, after we found them in the back of our equipment truck when we got back to Santa Ana.

That should do it for now.

Garry in Vegas

The 21 buns were a corps tradition for sure, especially for all passing corps buses (including our own).

I was never much of a prankster. I do recall a prank involving a young girl of the guard Nairing a sleeping member of the contra line in '78 (whose shorts were a bit too short and at a position that was more that revealing). That was quite funny.

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall a certain young soprano player who was on the business end of a swirly. He just happens to be on some city board back in his hometown.

At a camp weekend in May 1976, we were staying at a church / school somewhere...maybe Appleton?? Small locker room so we showered in shifts.

We had a tymp player who was, to say the least....gullible. Nice kid and dedicated as he could be, but to call him naive is an understatement. He wore this funny red & white hat that looked like a squashed apple on his head - so yes, we called him 'Apple'. For the life of me, I cannot remember his real name.

On Sunday morning, the drumline took their showers and some of the drummers took all of his clothes and left the locker room. Apple, not knowing what to do, found a rack of confirmation robes and put one on to walk back to the gym....only to run into the minister!

THAT did not go over well!!

Unfortunately, Apple died way too young...I want to say in the early 80's.

Things I remember.

The Reveries in their later years with the "Navy" theme were known to have removed a real cast iron boat anchor from someone's lawn while we marched by after leaving the field at a contest. (Saugus, MA.) AFAIK the anchor is still at the culprit's house over 30 years later.

The stolen bowling ball from Butler that escaped and ran down the floor of the bus on a steep hill in the middle of the night nearly causing the bus driver a heart attack.

The Foley twins (then 27th alumni) abducting my father (the corps director of the Reveries) by rolling up in the middle of drill practice in a green VW bug, tossing him in the trunk and speeding off to my father's uncle's club (The Bayside Lounge) for a few beers.

Northstar taking my dad's clothes (still a corps director) while he was in the shower as they marched off across campus to the stadium. They left behind one person to take a photo when he snuck out to find something to wear thinking he was alone. (I've seen the evidence.)

The Reveries swim team and Howard Johnson's in Revere. I think 27th had a competing team at the same venue. Never did figure out who won that contest.

The Reveries Revere Drive In Theater team. (One car, 20 kids.)

The horn line surprising the drum major and staff with Three Blind Mice while in a parade. (While very funny it did not go over too well.)

The senior Reveries spreading bird seed all over the interiors of the Beverly Cardinals buses while the Cardinals were on the field. (You know. They might need a snack after they get off the field.)

The drum major of the Marlborough Dukes marching the corps straight into Lake Quannapowitt at the end of the Wakefield 4th of July Parade. (Funny at first but someone, I think the drum major, got a serious injury from broken glass hidden in the mud.)

I'm sure I've forgotten more than I can remember. The Reveries and 27th were always up to something hilarious.

:laugh::tongue::worthy::guinesssmilie:

Just before soprano sectionals, the whole soprano line filled our horns with water.

There is a point in our breathing exercises when we were all supposed to blow real hard and make our horns

whistle from the fast air flow . . . Deep breath, and push, it was like a waterfall coming out of the soprano line.

The horn instructor busted up and had to take a break before we could continue.

Not overly mischievous, but it was funny.

Just before soprano sectionals, the whole soprano line filled our horns with water.

There is a point in our breathing exercises when we were all supposed to blow real hard and make our horns

whistle from the fast air flow . . . Deep breath, and push, it was like a waterfall coming out of the soprano line.

The horn instructor busted up and had to take a break before we could continue.

Not overly mischievous, but it was funny.

OK, I know it was lame, but don't let it kill the thread!

There are lots of things we did that will never get put in black and white of course . . . At least not by me.