FEB. Camp MADISON style!

ugh... good thing all our alumni can get along
disagreeing over something means we don't get along? Have you never argued with a member of your own family? This is a discussion forum...and we're doing just that. My opinion is only my opinion and am not expecting or asking the organization to act on it.

Don't freak out man, it's all good! :

gotta agree with BBMM... this kind of "point/counterpoint" was your normal bus conversation stuff between all of us when I was in.

Nothing unusual here...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, man...but I highly doubt that I'm the only one who didn't understand a word of what you just said. :tongue:

Apparently I'm not high enough for that to make sense.

(and, no...I don't nor am I implyingthat anyone else gets high)

Well, I guess I will just stop posting period. Have a good summer people. I am out.

JASON

Well, I guess I will just stop posting period. Have a good summer people. I am out.

JASON

so after all this , the show is ?

Edited by dcifan2002

so after all this , the show is ?

No music know for Madison

Or Bluecoats, BD, Cavies or Phantom (we know what ballet).

Edited by Cop

JASON

Promise?

I think you're missing the point. IMO, there's no reason an alum should have to "be patient". Do I think it should be put out for public consumption? No. Shoot him a PM or something. But I don't think an alum (especially one who helped lay the groundwork for what we've all enjoyed since) should be told not to worry about it. It wasn't all that long ago that the corps wasn't getting the alumni support they are today. I'd caution against taking that for granted. Not chastising here, only advising.

Well, what are you kvetching on DCP for? Write the board, write Jeff Spanos. Why would anyone else tell you if they don't want you to know? :tongue:

Oh, I'm not upset,angry, disappointed, or any other negative term one might mistake my tone to be. I'm just trying to make a point. In the information age, the secrecy is rarely long-lived. Besides, there's been so much over-hype the last few seasons that it's left many of the die-hard fans on here a bit cynical. Just don't want to see that sentiment fed anymore than is necessary. (notice that I said fans, not alumni)

Um gee, what do you think will happen if they announce their show?

HYPE, HYPE, HYPE

So, what's the big deal?

It's not only BS, it's just plain foolish. Why does Major League Baseball have Spring Training? Marketing. Baseball goes from April to October and they still manage to extend the season by a few extra months with the cactus and citrus leagues. Longer season = more REVENUE.

The DCI season has been cut to 6 weeks. 6 frickin' weeks!!! The off-season is all that fans have left. Being secretive does not build anticipation or interest, it kills it.

Every camp should end with a public performance and a video should be put on the website. That will generate more hits. More clicks = more advertising and more merchandising $$$$.

Or better yet, sell the video or mp3 for a few bucks. It's EASY MONEY.

Hey man, I've got this idea. Play all this music, but really, it won't be the real show music. Everyone will hype on it, then when they see the Scouts in the summer doing the real show, they'll all be saying COOL! Where did THAT come from??? :tongue: