Fantasy Drum corps Roster

I nominate the entire 1974 SCV show front to back followed by a combo 1974/75/88/95 Madison show with elements of Bayonne and Blue Devils thrown in finishing up with Danny Boy.

Hey, if it's fantasy drum corps, the show can be as long as we want.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate the entire 1974 SCV show front to back followed by a combo 1974/75/88/95 Madison show with elements of Bayonne and Blue Devils thrown in finishing up with Danny Boy.

Hey, if it's fantasy drum corps, the show can be as long as we want.

I have first hand knowledge that Danny Boy will bring down the house, as long as there is a rifle line coming through the middle of the drumline :tongue:

Slaughter.....LOL. That smacked me in the face hard. I want to play it to smack someone else. The concert tune has got to jam - it's park and blow - BD's Legend would make me smile too.

I'd love to play In the Stone - if not in the show, then as a warm up !

We need a Color Pre.......any suggestions?

Maybe we learn about 10-12 songs. Let the audience pick the tunes in advance and we'd blow their socks off !!!!

Color Pre?: Thats easy; Jim Ott's version of "The Navy Hymm" (Eternal Father) :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Absolutely amazing when played by 150 or so horns.

I have first hand knowledge that Danny Boy will bring down the house, as long as there is a rifle line coming through the middle of the drumline :tongue:

Yes, I am SO ready for this! It will be difficult to keep the smile off my own face though... :tongue:

Tansea- Shouldn't we save that for the Closer? :w00t: I mean, I can think of at least one corps that would save that for last. :tongue:

Who would that be ???? :tongue::tongue:

Edited by john2780

Who would that be???....Hmmm...Starts with a 2...

And someone DID suggest a Color Pre with a Sunburst. That'd have to be "How the West Was Won".

As for the entire '74 SCV show...Die Gotterdamerung thru Send in the Clowns... "YEAH BABY!!!"

Also, a great suggestion for Joe's "Hey, Big Spender"....Show me the money!!!

Let's light this firecracker!!!

There's some good ideas here. I don't mind plaing one Madison song, but I'm not a big fan. (Yes, some of you shoot me now.) It would be cool to have a lot of these ideas done. I really love Vanguards "Young Person's Guide". Especially the Drum Solo. :tongue::tongue::tongue: Kingsmen's "Firebird Suite" would be cool too. Just IMO.

14 years after I last played "Danny Boy" I still know it note for note. Skip it and let's just do "In the Stone" with the huge park and blow at the end.

I just sent out an email to some old-timers I marched with to try and recruit some more members. (a couple of Lead Sops, another snare, and some guard members) Hope we can swell our ranks a bit more

Hey all, Over on www.drumcorpsplanet.com , we are having fun with creating a virtual old-timers Drum Corps. We still need some members. If you visit here http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=110618 you can get in on this. We still need a few snares, ( you know who you are ) and more sopranos. In fact, if you look through the "old school photos" thread, you may even find your own picture toward the current end of the thread. Pay a visit, and come play with us.

Duh!.....We need to come up with a uniform description. So far, all we have is the guard gals wearing just boots... :tongue: (Now, THAT"S my idea of "Fantasy Drum Corps!)

Edited by markdewine