Fantasy Drum corps Roster

I stick by my guns that the name suits the theme that is pulled from the hat the morning of the show...it encourages betting amongst the fans as to which style fo show we will be doing that night. A form of non disclosure will need to be signed by each member of the corps, however... :thumbs-up:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stick by my guns that the name suits the theme that is pulled from the hat the morning of the show...it encourages betting amongst the fans as to which style fo show we will be doing that night. A form of non disclosure will need to be signed by each member of the corps, however... :thumbs-up:

Affectionately known as "The Chameleons," the Corps from "Everywhere North America," performing today as "The Marching Marionettes," (entry number 38 wins today's prize), you may now take the field for competition. Judges, put away your ticking pencils and for goodness sake get out of the way, you are about to be blown away.

Do we have a drum major? Or will MarkDewine just give us a starting rhythm?

Due to the many years of experience of our members, and the keen awareness of issues such as 'the starting gun' and tempo...no need for the DM to set a tempo. We already know it...AND...when to all start together!

Besides, how can I be Honor Guard Capt. and DM at the same time? :thumbs-up:

Due to the many years of experience of our members, and the keen awareness of issues such as 'the starting gun' and tempo...no need for the DM to set a tempo. We already know it...AND...when to all start together!

Besides, how can I be Honor Guard Capt. and DM at the same time? :thumbs-up:

Sorry, it's the snares in your avatar . . .

How about something simple and that we can all remember - "Old Guard"?

And I'm really keen on a company front at like 240 bpm while playing at 120 very very softly

I don't care what it is, then at the 50 yard line wheel still playing soft towards the stands half the corps does and about face for a two beat complete stop and completes the final minute of the OTL at full volume while facing both the front and (packed like the old days!) back stands doing a drill that mirrors the other.

Huh?

Puppet

Besides, how can I be Honor Guard Capt. and DM at the same time? :rolleyes:

If we're so experienced, do we really NEED a DM? ;-)

Well, of course we do! Somebody has to be there to catch the babies that will be getting thrown at us! :rolleyes:

Well, of course we do! Somebody has to be there to catch the babies that will be getting thrown at us! :rolleyes:

OF COURSE!!! Silly me! :lol:

...and not only CATCH all those babies...but juggle them and throw 'em back to the audience, and all this while STILL CONDUCTING!!! :lol:

(####...we're good!!!) :rolleyes:

Lee is so smart she knew the correct answer to the question...no.

The tempo originates from the center snare...

But Mark makes a good point as well, we need someone, usually a third soprano or other tool, but with good hair, to catch babies, receive accolades, etc etc etc...personally, I will be busy relaxing after the gig. :smile:

Edited by Tansea