Do You Speak Drum Corps?

"Bando" is the first thing that comes to mind, which to me means someone who isn't Drum Corps qualified. But DCI.org won't post that on their site because they know their owner (Hoppy) wouldn't like it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bando" is the first thing that comes to mind, which to me means someone who isn't Drum Corps qualified. But DCI.org won't post that on their site because they know their owner (Hoppy) wouldn't like it.

Yes....dci is owned by hoppy. Its all a conspiracy. Resistance is useless. It is useless to resist.

Sigh...can the summer get here so we can talk about something that actually exists, instead of wasting time with lame jokes made by small minded people... :tongue:

That's not what Bando means to me. Bando is one who is currently in, or was a participating member in the marching band activity. There is an adjective form also.

We were all Bandos once

I was just gonna say... I know a lot of bandos who know a heck of a lot more than I do about drum corps.

And I've been hangin' around this activity since 1974.

It's all good in my book. Music = Love & Happiness in all it's forms.

Edited by GGarrett

OTL

OOC (Out of Concert)

Color Pre

Into Concert

Exit

Fanfare

8 to 5's

Company fronts

high leg lift (Remember those?)

The term Drum Corps itself.

Nobody around here really knows what it is. They all think it means i play the drums.

That's not what Bando means to me. Bando is one who is currently in, or was a participating member in the marching band activity. There is an adjective form also.

We were all Bandos once

Absolutely not true. It all depends on how old you are. Back in the 70's they were maybe 2% of the corps.

Don't you drum corps people have "all days" and "move-in days", something to that effect?

And I haven't heard "run through" yet.

Certainly nobody out side drum corps would certain know what "Bones" is, or what a Z-pull is.

Heck, nobody outside drum corps even know what "Phantom Regiment" is. :tongue:

My science room just got a skeleton, and I named it "Bones" in tribute to the Crossmen- the kids think it's just a stock name (skeleton=bones) but I told them that it actually means something and they should figure it out! ... which brings me to another drum corps term.. FITFO which is an acronym for "figure it the f out". I'm guessing that term isn't DCI wide, but I heard it a lot during the summer of '06! :tongue: