my job has been to be Frank Ponzo's back up :smile:

and in my spare time (Tuesday thru Friday) I deliver wine

which is more fun?

:worthy:

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're putting together a presentation to help educate more people in our community about who we are and what we're about -- and one of the things that we've focused on is that we come from all walks of life, come in all shapes and sizes and colors, and do all kinds of things -- but that we're drawn together by this crazy activity that becomes a part of us forever.

One of my early years, Westshoremen did a few local stand stills and to catch our breath between numbers the announcer would give corps info. One set of info was member jobs. Few that stick out in my mind are CPA, manager of a golf course, owner or a convience store and steel workers.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I don't bite.

Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - , heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour. It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ### off and ship a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation?

And here's something else: I have eight different bosses right now. Eight. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits for the date instead of four. So, like, 08 instead of 2008? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.

do you have meetings with the Bobs? Do you get your TPS reports right?

I am a Butcher (in the shop AND on the field) for Whole Foods Market in San Mateo, CA.

Prior to that, I climbed telephone poles for what used to be Pacific Bell, which was taken over by Southwestern Bell, which was taken over by AT&T.....................

Good times..............

I manage Global Marketing Campaigns for Symantec, specializing in security and compliance software for large corporate customers. Basically, my team and I take all the products from Symantec in this area and figure out the best way to promote them to our customers worldwide. Before that, I was a High School Band Director.

Also play in a fantastic Wind Ensemble on Monday nights - I just love playing in a large group that kicks butt from top to bottom.

On the side, I do a little bit of drum corps.

I'm an insulting......errrrr, consulting engineer doing investigative engineering for bonding companies, insurance companies and law firms. Strengths, aside from snooping, are in construction, surety and contract law.

J

I am a Butcher (in the shop AND on the field) for Whole Foods Market in San Mateo, CA.

Prior to that, I climbed telephone poles for what used to be Pacific Bell, which was taken over by Southwestern Bell, which was taken over by AT&T.....................

Good times..............

Small world. My across the street neighbor is an importer of Grass Fed Chilean Beef for whole foods markets.

I'm sitting here, looking at all of these posts, and I know a majority of you. But I only know that you are involved with Drum Corps in some way.

So what do you do for a living?

-----------------------------------------------------

My official Title is "Operations Analysis" for ESPN. Basicaly I'm a technical trouble shooter and analysis for our brodcast facility. I have a scheduling coordinator and Manager who understands the need to perform and participate in the Drum corps activity thus allowing me time off for practices, parades and shows. One would think that a 24/7 operation would not be condusive to this activity but maintaining a good relationship with your staff and managers definately helps.

J. Chin

Sunmello8106

Sunrisers - 81, 06, 07

Dover High School marching band 76-80

Edited by Sunmello8106