SO......what do you do?

how about hanging out the side of the helicopter,with a machine gun,and for extra fun,you are being shot at? there is a reason we sat on our helmets,when taking a ride in a huey!!!!! :lol: (viet-nam,the only lottery i ever won,the draft lottery.the prize really sucked!!!)

Well here's another tie in as my father worked on Chinook helicopters at New Cumberland Army Depot during Viet Nam. Think about the time I was getting into Junior High we went to Armed Forces Day at the base and dad took us to the building where he worked (not on the AF Day tour). Seeing the holes in the side and overhearing dad say "I'll take him on a cleaned up one" (IOW - not bloody) I started paying close attention to the war and (mainly) how many years until I was draft age. :lol::lol::mat::lol::worthy:

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My title is ENG Coordinating Assistant.

I work for the Fox News Channel here in our New York Bureau in Manhattan housed in the News Corporation building.. The department I work for is Engineering, with the sub-department known as the Quartermaster Corps (QMC).

What I do is lengthy to explain. In the QMC, we house all of the video and audio gear and all broadcasting equipment that the channel uses in house, and on the road. We are in charge of maintaining said equipment, shipping it out for location shoots, purchasing new equipment, and we also do moderate repairs. The main Engineering shop handles all of the bigger repairs. I am also in charge of our inventory of televisions, VCR's, DVD players, TiVo's, and whatever else would be installed on all of our employee's desks and offices. I install all of these items for ALL of our employees, and replace broken items as needed. I also install all of the LCD/Plasma displays and entertainment centers/surround sound, should emplyees need them hung on their walls in their offices. We also handle all of the shipping and receiving for Fox News. It's a lot of work, but it's well rewarded. I'm in the business of making people happy, and generally feeling confident that their shoots will be well supplied with everything they need for any situation. If you knew just how much gear is needed for a location shoot such as the Democratic National Convention in Denver, you'd know that it takes at least two fully-loaded 18 wheeler trucks, stacked to the ceiling with broadcast gear, production supplies, set pieces, lighting....it's really astounding. On bigger location shoots, I am sent to these places to oversee the gear and how it's laid out when it gets there, coordinating with New York and other bureaus on getting additional gear to these locations, should the need arise...while I am on location, other jobs may need to be done that were otherwise not thought of beforehand, and I usually take the reins and carry those jobs out...they include but are not limited to gaffer, grip, stage manager, guest greeter, engineer, photographer, audio technician, and Production Assistant.

I am currently shadowing our field photographers (camera men) and audio techs in an attempt to become a full time photog/audio tech. I have been doing this for around 8 months, and some of my camera and audio work has been used on air. This May will mark my 6th year here, and I still love my job. :)

Well here's another tie in as my father worked on Chinook helicopters at New Cumberland Army Depot during Viet Nam. Think about the time I was getting into Junior High we went to Armed Forces Day at the base and dad took us to the building where he worked (not on the AF Day tour). Seeing the holes in the side and overhearing dad say "I'll take him on a cleaned up one" (IOW - not bloody) I started paying close attention to the war and (mainly) how many years until I was draft age. :worthy::smile::smile::shutup::shutup:

............it kinda snook up on me,when i wasnt looking!! :smile:

End of my own claim for grammatical correctness. Anyone's support of this would be appreciated by me.

Your description of the passive voice is welcomed by everyone.

(OK, we'll slow it down and explain it so that we can clean this part of the drill:

Its irony, guys, verbal irony. Now, lets get back up to speed!)

Edited by wsssb

how about hanging out the side of the helicopter,with a machine gun,and for extra fun,you are being shot at?

Driving a truck on Iraqi highways isn't much better. :ninja:

Been shot at more times than I care to count. :beer:

I am an accounting assistant for a structural engineering firm here in Atlanta, Georgia. I love my job very very much but unfortunately because of some major job responsibilities added to my title in the last year, it has kept me from doing what I love most. :ninja:

Leaving on a Thursday to go compete is just not feasible. It sucks but in order to make the bigger bucks, I had to sacrifice my drum corps "career".