Most difficult trumpet feature

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phantom 04 has quite a few demanding and exposed trumpet licks that are pretty lengthy. that whole trumpet book is difficult and very underrated imo.

That's really the only year I have not seen yet. I am gonna have to get the DVD soon.

That is what I heard too.

I regards to the 93 BD show I agree, that was unreal. Did you see the PBS recording for that year? They did a feature on the BD brass line with Wayne Downey narrating. They showed how all of the parts fit together by showing the music while the horn line was rehearsing it. It was unreal. The mello parts especially. I wish I could get a hold of that 93 broadcast again.

The 93 sop line was great, but that show was all about the bari line. The 91 and 92 sop lines were outstanding as well. The 91 "Bopster" is just about the hardest thing I've ever seen a soprano/trumpet line put on the field. Ever. The 92 feature laid a lot easier under the fingers than the 91 feature did, but kudos to both lines.

The 93 sop line was great, but that show was all about the bari line. The 91 and 92 sop lines were outstanding as well. The 91 "Bopster" is just about the hardest thing I've ever seen a soprano/trumpet line put on the field. Ever. The 92 feature laid a lot easier under the fingers than the 91 feature did, but kudos to both lines.

What is this "bopster"?

I didn't overreact. I offered to clear something up for you. You are the one who overreacted by stating that I said you called the lick fake, which I did not, and then you resort to name calling,nnot just to me, but to someone else. I respect the fact that you are Cadet fan, but before you try calling the kettle black, why don't you take a look in your own house before you try cleaning someone elses.

No. You did overreact. You did the same thing in response to my post. I didn't call it fake and went on to compliment and you took it to be offensive.

What is this "bopster"?

It was the nickname given to the bebop soprano feature during the closer of the 91 BD production. It was influenced by a lot of Charlie Parker licks.

It was the nickname given to the bebop soprano feature during the closer of the 91 BD production. It was influenced by a lot of Charlie Parker licks.

Oh, that. I love whenever BD does runs like that. '91, '92, '94, and '99 are some that come to mind. Any other awesome ones I'm leaving out?

That 93 sop line was fantastic. I actually think 97 was better. The talent that year was amazing. I watched them a couple of time at warm up and the upper leads were playing some of the exercises up and octave (to double C) and still blending. The guy who played the E above high C at the end of the opener (travis is his name I think) wasn't even an upper lead! Crazy huh? I heard that guy went on to get a masters from Julliard and a doctorate from USC. Hard to think that he wasn't even an upper lead that year.

As far as the 91 solo I know that was a beast as well. I remember seeing members of the horn line one of those years that said "The B##ch is Back!" on it. You would probably know which one since you actually marched those years.

I'll toss out the opening run from Regiment 87. On the one hand, there are probably others that were technically harder, on the other, the PR sops were totally exposed--no one else was playing.