Floyd Bennett Golden Eagles - Brooklyn, NY

French horn GOD ????? - - his head is going to get to big to fit through my door this afternoon - -

ps - - the "God" also is playing mellophone in the Bridgemen this year. :ph34r::doh: :doh:

Hi Steve !!!!

Blondie.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanguard Rich-I have email addys for Steve, Brian and Paul. I can pass on your friend's message and email addy if you'd like. Email me at jrbobm@aol.com.

Iron lips-which '60s did you march? I'm sure we shared some wail juice. jrbobm@aol.com

Kansas DC-I think Mr.Bennett got his start with Wynn Center. How's Judy and why isn't she playing with with Prairie Sound? Who's Chris marching with this year? Is Kaitlin marching? That's a great picture!

Vanguard Rich-I have email addys for Steve, Brian and Paul. I can pass on your friend's message and email addy if you'd like. Email me at jrbobm@aol.com.

Iron lips-which '60s did you march? I'm sure we shared some wail juice. jrbobm@aol.com

Kansas DC-I think Mr.Bennett got his start with Wynn Center. How's Judy and why isn't she playing with with Prairie Sound? Who's Chris marching with this year? Is Kaitlin marching? That's a great picture!

Murph,

You taught me everything I know.

Well, at least you got me off that Rudy Muck and onto a Bach, and explained how to line up the triple-tonguing in The Joker.

By the way, doesn't that other Floyd-Bennett french hornist, Skip Heaney, live 'way out there on the Island?

FD

FD

Skip lives in Southampton. He's also the Town Supervisor. Can you dig it, Skip runs Southampton Township, Gaffney used to run Sufflok County, Burns is an ombudsmen somewhere in Connecticut, and Hightower is a lawyer. Where did they go wrong?

I blame Sal Crimi. He used to drive all those guys out to the Island from the bowels of Brooklyn after they aged out of Floyd-Bennett, filling their heads with dreams of greatness.

I remember Burns with all his Columbia Law School books on the bus to Agawam, conducting rookie trials while free-styling rude corps songs and studying for the bar exam, the multi-tasking freak! He scared me to death and killed me with laughter.

Years later, I ran into him on Wall Street. He broke into a chorus of "Song of the Sewer" right in front of the Stock Exchange at high noon. I thought bystanders would be shocked. Instead, some even joined in. He had that effect on people.

It must be the water in Brooklyn. How else do you explain Buglino's solos on Brass By Night?

Glad "youss guyss" are getting something out of this thread!!!! Not too shabby for a couple of "flatlanders", eh??? And Bob, thanks for the offer. I sent you the e-mail as indicated by you. Thanks!!

Hey Rich! We missed you at practice yesterday. There were only nine in your section, and they sounded a little weak without you. We had a really good rehearsal, and I think we're ready for the show.

See you next week in Harrisburg. Is Jay still making the trip with you?

Hey Rich! We missed you at practice yesterday. There were only nine in your section, and they sounded a little weak without you. We had a really good rehearsal, and I think we're ready for the show.

See you next week in Harrisburg. Is Jay still making the trip with you?

YUP, missed all of you yesterday; Jay's still coming with me with two more drums, so GET READY!! Glad someone notices who the "Anchor" of the Section is. Not called the "contrablaster" for nuttin' - I was "blasting" away back in Chicago on my own; surprised you guys didn't hear me!! :guinesssmilie:

Sorry 'bout that. Had to say "Hi" to Smitty. Back on track, boys & girls!! :thumbup:

Edited by Vanguard Rich

Bob;

Judy is the Guard Caption Head with Prairie Sound and, as of last week, her and I are writing the drill as well. Kris is playing mellophone with Blue Stars again (just got home from camp and already has a really great tan), and Katie is getting ready to leave for school. She'll be marching in the University of Kansas marching band this fall.

Hope Laurel and the family are well.

FYI

The Floyd Bennett Golden Eagles Reunion Luncheon will be held on July 12th at the Saddlebrook Marriott Hotel starting at 1:30 P.M. Afterwards they will attend the "Drum Corps Grand Prix" in Clifton.

I will be attending corps rehearsals and performances and the reunion though, unfortunately, not all at the same time. :guinesssmilie: