Best 7th Place Show?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

91 madison. it was the lightest, sweetest playing madison hornline ever, and for those of you who haven't watched, it was one of the cleanest marched shows ever put on the field madison or otherwise.

btw, i've been tryinhg to justify my votes here, i wish more people would. listing is fine, but there are a lot of really smart observant people here, a sentence or two justifying your vote would be often interesting and enlightening. my 2 cents.

Going with the 2008 Classic Countdown and 2007 BLUUUUUUUUU COATS!

Edited by CoHmempho04

btw, i've been tryinhg to justify my votes here, i wish more people would. listing is fine, but there are a lot of really smart observant people here, a sentence or two justifying your vote would be often interesting and enlightening. my 2 cents.

I voted for '92 SCV for mainly one reason: The Bottle Dance. Gives me chills every single time I watch it. My favorite part is the moment right before the dance starts, where the corps is completely silent, but the crowd is already going absolutely nuts, because they know what's coming.

07 Bloooo.

Alright...without a doubt Bluecoats 2007 ftw...I dont believe there has ever been so much talent in the top 7 for a long time. This is a corps that on any other night could have placed 5th, 6th, 4th who knows!? There was a time when this corps was beating the Cavaliers! Very high quality!

Honorable mentions to :

Madison 89.....LOVED it, especially Praise

SCV 1992 ( no brainer)

Madison 1991 ( like 1992's version of Funny better, but this clearly had the better arrangement of With Every Breath I Take.) Very strong 7th.

Sunoast 84!

Where's the love for Crossmen 1990? I choose that by far.

Looking back now, I actually enjoy the 90 Xmen, although I still contend that the Bluecoats should have beat them that year (yeah I marched that year and I'm a honk).

Two shows I'd vote for (if I can vote twice):

84 Suncoast (one of the most melodic shows ever...I can remember listening/watching this show over and over and over)

95 Bluecoats (Drum Major Charles Stewart, there has been none better before or since him, Kelly Stickney crying as she recieved the flag.....every night, jam at the end was just loads of fun).

DW