So, did you give last year?

Did you donate to a corps last year?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Did you donate to a corps last year?

• Yes.
    • No.

I’ve bought a bunch of stuff and I had given in the past but after thinking about it, there are so many more worthy causes than bank rolling elite bandos on their summer holiday

I’d be more inclined to give to local, community based corps that taught kids to play their first notes but, well yeah, you know

Edited by cowtown

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give to PC every year since I aged out. I figure some of my income is their responsibility.

Also gave to Dutch Boy last year. Liked their show, and Pasadena ain't a short drive for them! Go Northstar 1!

I’d be more inclined to give to local, community based corps that taught kids to play their first notes but, well yeah, you know

Maybe consider donating to your local high school band boosters, then. Many corps people don't want to hear it, but they've really taken the place of the old community corps in terms of providing local competitive music activities.

I have a quart-size jar that I fill up with spare change every year and take it to the bank. That jar is what I give to the Troopers every year. I also spread some love around to others when I can - souvies, gas funds, general appeals funds, whatever.

I just finished a quick targeted fundraising campaign for a catered dinner for the Troopers for next week, and I have another long term project I want to tackle regarding fundraising for scholarships.

As I said to our alumni org. president: I see the deep, black abyss of volunteer fundraiser/development work in front of me. Please pull me back.

His response: NO! :ph34r:

Sure did! I sent a check to the Jazz Club the past two years and will continue doing so.

Not directly to a corps but i have given to members the last 2 years...

Bought lots of clothes from the Scouts, Bluecoats, BAC, and Cavies souvie booth this year and last, and donated a new iphone to the Scouts this year. The iphone was given to Jeff Spanos and Dann Peterson to gift to a member of the Corps as they saw fit. A couple ideas I threw at them were to give it to the member who shows the most improvement, or hustle award...etc. You get the pic.

I feed a corps at least once every season. I figure that helps with $$$$ as well as cook truck help......gives them a break so they can rest a little!

Probably more than I should have. I housed three kids ( for free) last year, worked 60 nights of bingo for them and two others, paid all the dues for two of the three I housed, sent $200 each for fees to four others in two other corps, flew back east and cooked for two days, traveled to shows in Omaha, Ankeny, Allentown, Hershey, Dallas, San Antonio, Pasadena, Ogden, Boise and had goody bags for all three of them at every show. I also gave them some of my extra drum corps DVD's, VHS tapes and corp hats that I own. This doesn't include all the stuff I bought at the souvie stands. It makes me feel good for what I have done for what were total strangers a few years ago but it makes me wonder what I could have done with all that green had I not met them.. I could have spent it on some floozy I suppose :ph34r: