"Worst" Uniform changes

I agree this is what I think of when I think "Colts' , but the photo is from before 1986. I believe the soloist is Greg 'Harpo' Blum; he aged out in 1982. Unless he had a brother (Groucho or Zeppo?)...

Yes, this would be the riverboat jackets. That is Greg from '82, the pic below was on the back of Contest Guild the year of '84--I am the contra on the right, the most infamous Bart Miller on left... :tongue:

Edited by BigDale

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1994-96 Glassmen

92-93 Glassmen uni still wins, hands down.

HEY! I've never seen those Glassmen uniforms. I think they're great! They could have had bolder colors....

Edited by Crowncontramom

Oh Lord.

Someone please tell me they have a picture of this.

I wish I did but I don't........

Funny thing is that when Tarheel Sun came out, I was driving a bus for the Colts and some of my older kids recognized the unis and said "That's what we used to wear here."

Tarheel Sun modified the uniforms somewhat to add a 'sun' logo.

Maybe someone out there has a photo they can post from Tarheel Sun's first year.

for me its a tie. for worse bottom half of a uni it's the 89 spirit of atlanta interstellar suite uni with the see through satin pants. what a horrible idea, didn't anyone think to check what they would look like under lights before they bought them?

and worse top half is the blue devils 92 closer unis. they looked fine the whole show, and then turned into some weird gay disco party boys for the closer. glad they decided to keep the jackets on after that debacle.

there was always some reference to the Houston Astros Marching Band, or something like that...

It was time to modernize the uni, but that was a drastic transition for sure.

There was a time that 3 Riverboat gambler coats were out there: St. Croix Rivermen in that pretty blue, Colts in orange which just looked like a bright red on the field and Pioneer with their yellow coats.

Ah, the good old days...

Here's to Old Man River... :tongue:

Don't forget the Railmen. They used to wear uniforms that looked a lot like the Rivermen too.

94 Freelancers... Unlike 85 when the corps tried something completely new (albeit for 1 year only) For some reason in 94 the corps decided to go with the flaps cloased and no buckle with the red Cadet jacket. To me that was sacreligious! I still to this day cannot believe that Paul Zimny allowed it! Our uniform was always about

The RED... The lifeblood of the corps

Our OPEN FLAP... Representing our open hearts to the audience

And THE BUCKLE... Their to protect the lifeblood and our open hearts from those who would cause us harm. Our armor so to say.

And to add to the thread....85 Freelancers.....the color-changing tops.

What was the year Shirlee Whitcomb was the Show Coordinator for Freelancers and had the guard in uniforms that looked like Coke cans? (Not that I want to bring back any traumatic memories ... )

Don't forget the Railmen. They used to wear uniforms that looked a lot like the Rivermen too.

I remember a sort Trooper looking uniform in the late '80's, but do not remember the riverboat coats on them. Any pictures out there?

94 Freelancers... Unlike 85 when the corps tried something completely new (albeit for 1 year only) For some reason in 94 the corps decided to go with the flaps cloased and no buckle with the red Cadet jacket. To me that was sacreligious! I still to this day cannot believe that Paul Zimny allowed it! Our uniform was always about

The RED... The lifeblood of the corps

Our OPEN FLAP... Representing our open hearts to the audience

And THE BUCKLE... Their to protect the lifeblood and our open hearts from those who would cause us harm. Our armor so to say.

I'll second that. Also (and I am gonna get a bunch of crap from the old school freelancer people) but the Bluecoats have always been my favorite corps (I'm from Ohio, so...) and I HATE their new Full Metal Alchemist uniform.