"Worst" Uniform changes

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a sort Trooper looking uniform in the late '80's, but do not remember the riverboat coats on them. Any pictures out there?

I'll check around at home. In the mid-80's, they had blue riverboat jackets that were almost the same as the Rivermen. They wore a different style hat (more like the Colts from that same time).

I can still remember being at DCI Midwest at Whitewater in '88 and seeing Spirit in their new uniforms and people going, "Wow, they're pretty big for a new corps." And then when they marched past everybody was going, "That's Spirit?!?!"

BTW, what year was it when the Freelancers changed from black to white pants? Talk about destroying an image.

Edited by EKBari

Let's see, I actually really liked Madison's '07 unis. Then again, green is my favorite color, so that probably had more to do with it. I wasn't a fan of Phantom Regiment's sash last year. Personally, I like the all-black unis, but if they stick to the white and black, I'll be happy. I don't like the Blue Devil pinstripe either.

Ditto on all accounts. I think Phantom had a good idea with the teal sashes but they really didn't look that great on the field. I really liked Madison's uniforms last year. Then again - I usually like everything Madison does anyway. :tongue:

I can still remember being at DCI Midwest at Whitewater in '88 and seeing Spirit in their new uniforms and people going, "Wow, they're pretty big for a new corps." And then when they marched past everybody was going, "That's Spirit?!?!"

BTW, what year was it when the Freelancers changed from black to white pants? Talk about destroying an image.

I think it was during the '91 season. I have a hard time looking at those myself.

1989-1991 Bluecoats, the "smurf" uniform. The Colts eventually used an inverted and red version of that same uni. They were both pretty ugly.

Early 80's-? SCV when the drumline wore green and the rest of the corps wore red.

05-06 Cadets.

03 Madison. I just didn't like it. I thought they had a good thing going before that, although in my opinion they needed to have stricter rules on facial hair grooming.

I'm not going to say the '94 BD unis sucked, but I really liked the old "tuxedo" unis.

03 Pioneer. I'm not a fan of the Marine Corps hats.

1989-1991 Bluecoats, '07 Madison Scouts, 1988-89 Spirit of Atlanta, 1994 Marauders, 1986-1989 and 2000 Colts, Sky Ryders 1993, Pioneer every year, Phantom Regiment Panama Jack years (those khaki jackets, YEEEESH!), 1992-1993 and 1994-1996 Glassmen, Southwind '06, and Blue Stars '07 (I agree, the shoes were repulsive! The court jester pants were too Broken Arrow.) If I thoroughly went through my memory banks, I could probably come up with some more. I loooooove this thread!

Edited by shortn'sour