Vandalism hits Rochester Area

It is in times of success that unfortunate things happen. Tonight me and some other staff and members of the Rochester Crusaders had to go over to where we store our truck to find that someone had broke in and stolen some brass and percussion equipment and damaged the stuff that they could not remove. As the police were taking the report we were able to spot some of our equipment inside a coal car on the nearby train tracks. 3 Tubas destroyed (one in about 8 pieces, one flat and one heavily damaged) , 1 trumpet that was pancaked and a snare drum sitting in water. We do know that we are missing a baritone. We have not run a full inventory yet on what is missing or exactly how much was damaged inside the truck asides from a bunch of heads on the pit equipment and basses and tenors. In addtion to the equipment, the truck's back window was smashed, the tools destroyed and the battery was ripped off the cables.

All this and we have a performance this weekend. If there is anyone out that there that is willing to help us out or anyone out there thay may have heard or knows anyone that has any details about this situation, please contact myself, Mike Linton or Brian Wilt with details.

I'm sure we will step up and take this in stride and continue down the successful path that this corps has been on this season.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is in times of success that unfortunate things happen. Tonight me and some other staff and members of the Rochester Crusaders had to go over to where we store our truck to find that someone had broke in and stolen some brass and percussion equipment and damaged the stuff that they could not remove. As the police were taking the report we were able to spot some of our equipment inside a coal car on the nearby train tracks. 3 Tubas destroyed (one in about 8 pieces, one flat and one heavily damaged) , 1 trumpet that was pancaked and a snare drum sitting in water. We do know that we are missing a baritone. We have not run a full inventory yet on what is missing or exactly how much was damaged inside the truck asides from a bunch of heads on the pit equipment and basses and tenors. In addtion to the equipment, the truck's back window was smashed, the tools destroyed and the battery was ripped off the cables.

All this and we have a performance this weekend. If there is anyone out that there that is willing to help us out or anyone out there thay may have heard or knows anyone that has any details about this situation, please contact myself, Mike Linton or Brian Wilt with details.

I'm sure we will step up and take this in stride and continue down the successful path that this corps has been on this season.

This sucks. First Bushwackers, now this. What is it with drum corps trucks this year???? Ugh.

This sucks. First Bushwackers, now this. What is it with drum corps trucks this year???? Ugh.

No kidding.

:tongue:

People that rip off other people are not cool.

What the crap? That is ridiculous! Who would do something that stupid? I am ###### for you, Cru. Some people...

Just got home from driving the truck to a secret secured site and will be involved heavily with the insurance company and the Rochester Police department in the next day or two...........My heart sank and I feel so bad but at this early stage of investigation, we can only hope the the vermin responsible for this atrocity are apprehended!! (Drawn and quartered as well!) :ninja:

I will say THANK YOU! :ninja: to all who have posted for your concern and good wishes and believe me that this saturday nights concert will be something very SPECIAL!!! :tongue: Come see us at St Joes Classic!

Thanks for the kind words all :)

If the University of Buffalo marching band can be of help to you, please call me or Jim Mauck. We'd be happy to lend you any equipment you need until you can get yours replaced. Mike Linton knows our numbers.

Thanks, Jim! I will pass that along! :tongue:

To really describe the carnage we found... I've attached a single picture that will make everyone's heart drop.

Thank you to everyone who's offered to help us out. This truly is a shame. I get very angry that these sort of things happen!

But you can be rest assured something like this will not stop the Rochester Crusaders from having a GREAT season!

truck5.jpg