ahh Sucasana NJ or however you spell it

Succasunna.This I believe.

The spelling police have spoken.

:bluedevil:

Succasunna.This I believe.

The spelling police have spoken.

Near Hoptacong, Netcong and Viet Cong if I remember correctly. :thumbup:

Jeff, Amhearst was the "birth place" of the 37th Regiment story. Suck my banana New Jersey was a show in 1975 that I can't remember if it was DCA or RCA.

Weird thing at Amhearst (that I just remembered) was that a kid asked me for my autograph after our show. But it was BEFORE the scores were announced. :thumbup: Also the announcer gave the score was "with a 3... 7... point 25, that's 37 point 25". I heard the first "3" and thought "We got a 3??" Then I heard the rest and it didn't sound too bad. We knew the first half of the show pretty well and the tic sheets showed it. But as someone said later "The sheets went from grey to BLACK! We probably would have scored lower but the judges ran out of room to put the tic marks".

Suck my banana New Jersey

this needs to be made into a t-shirt!!

this needs to be made into a t-shirt!!

Hey when you come in last every #### show ya gotta make your own entertainment. :thumbup::thumbup:

Sheesh shoulda added this part. :thumbup: We were in two shows in 1974 (DCA Prelims and week before) and came in last both times. For 1975 season we came in last in all DCA and RCA shows and didn't beat anyone until week before 1975 DCA. We beat Interstatesmen and Blue Rock who had restarted that year. Another new Senior corps was Blessed Sac who kicked our butts the only time we went against them.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

1985 Crossmen.

We were in 17th place at DCI. We featured the worst uniforms and the worst drill in the history of organized pageantry, with the possible exception of the 1980 North Korean Olympic Team, and music that could only allegedly be called "Spanish" in nature only if you consider the fact that we had maracas in the pit and once rehearsed near a Taco Bell.

:thumbup:

Stop making me laugh.

OK Ok I want to play here!

1979 San Jose Raiders...

42nd place at DCI prelims with a score of 46.75! The score was much higher than it should have been...

Edited by Big Bad Bari

My all time low score was with the 1978 Bleu Raeders. On July 4, 1978, in Schaumburg, IL, the Guardsmen's home show, we scored a whopping 17.50. Our drumline zeroed out. The horns didn't fare too much better.

The worst I ever placed at DCI was 16th in Class A, again with the 1978 Bleu Raeders. We scored a season high 28.45 that show.

Stop making me laugh.

:tongue:

1985 Crossmen is only funny now. At the time, not so much.

We had a lot of talent in that corps, but I wasn't kidding about having the worst drill in the history of pageantry.

Look for yourself -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmrqhdfivTk