BD 2008 Program Announcement

So after hearing more about this show and sampling the music in iTunes, and having it confirmed that there will in fact be no narration whatsoever in the show, this went from "meh" to being the show I'm looking forward to most in 2008.

Thank you again for making me laugh.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being as inexperienced as I am, I have not heard any of this music before... or I have heard it and just didn't know who made it. Based on the poem alone this sounds pretty exciting. Here's to a potentially awesome 2008!

beerchug.gif

Okay, I just listened to some of the music selections and it really sounds awesome! I'm very excited! My favorites were Piano and the ballad I Will Wait For you. I said above that I haven't heard any of the music before, but I have heard I Will Wait For You and that really will be an awesome ballad as someone stated prior to me on this thread.

Edited by NeutralNovice

The burden of proof is on those who claim that BD would be at a competitive disadvantage playing jazz. Where's the evidence?

1) Nice attempt to reframe the debate. Your actual quote was, "I just don't see why they can't blow my face off with four awesome jazz charts." Nobody has said they couldn't be competitive playing jazz. They just won playing jazz. What they cannot be competitive with is "[blowing your] face off four awesome jazz charts" with no thread or theme tying them together into an effective, complete and whole product.

2) There is no burden of proof at all. This is not a legal battle, it's a discussion on the internet. Evidence? Somebody's been watching too much Law and Order.

Your witness, Mr. Prosecutor.

The burden of proof, good sir, is on you proving why either side has a burden of proof.

You've been watching too many law dramas man.

You know, I wonder who knows better (with regard to what will work in the competitive field). A 20ish year old who has never had any marching or teaching experience in drum corps (sorry - its relevant), or a creative team that has been doing it for decades, including a championship last year, and constant meetings with dci judges where they talk about exactly this sort of thing. But yeah...what do they know...

Sondheim + Elfman = Gud. Can't wait.

*yawning*

If the past is any indiction of what they will do with this music, it will be so overarranged nobody will know what they are playing. Also a lot of part and bark in the highly technical parts. In otherwords, same-ol, same-ol.

I hope you are right. I hope it is the same-ol, same-ol overarranged show, filled with park and park and unrecognized snippets that so many claimed 2003 was. Perhaps then, like 2003, it will be one of my favorite BD shows ever.

Well, it doesn't "feel" very BD in some places with the rep; but, that said, there's lots of music in here that seems like it would make a pretty good show.

Allow me to vocalize my thoughts so far in the style of the show announcement:

2007 didn't let me down

so we'll see what this looks like in June

playing and spinning little antmen on a emerald field

a repertoire with the Man of Elf and not able to be touched

wait to see on a webcast near me

(in light of previous 80's)

F

i

n

i

:thumbup:

:bluedevil:

Well, it doesn't "feel" very BD in some places with the rep; but, that said, there's lots of music in here that seems like it would make a pretty good show.

Allow me to vocalize my thoughts so far in the style of the show announcement:

2007 didn't let me down

so we'll see what this looks like in June

playing and spinning little antmen on a emerald field

a repertoire with the Man of Elf and not able to be touched

wait to see on a webcast near me

(in light of previous 80's)

F

i

n

i

:thumbup: