BD 2008 Program Announcement

Because it's not 1992 and never will be again.

:bluedevil: That comment was uncalled for and a bit pretentious. BD could still blow our faces off again.

I am really excited about the music for this show. Thank you Blue Devils!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bluedevil: That comment was uncalled for and a bit pretentious. BD could still blow our faces off again.

I am really excited about the music for this show. Thank you Blue Devils!

Really?? I am no blue devils history buff, but when is the last time the blue devils played 4 (or 3) largely unedited jazz charts (no medleys, no mixing, no creative DAAHH DAAH DATDAT 5:4 lick)?? If its been more than a few years (and i think it has), the then poster has a point...

Ohh, all in all, im actually pretty excited for this show. Last year was a step up for me, hopefully this year will keep up the trend :thumbup:

I think a lot of people, like me, went to see Sweeney Todd and thought "####, that opening music would be a ###### opener," so it's good too see that. The show announcement is weird, like trying to out-Cadet The Cadets, but it sounds pretty awesome and it looks like BD is doing something besides their norm. Hopefully that perception pans out. I haven't been psyched to see a BD show in a long time but...I can has xitement for Blu Devs?

it is good music for a hornline. 1992 Bushwackers showed that

Besides BD not playing straight music charts and only doing 5/4 rhythms, there are some other things to talk about as far as their show rep for 08 goes...at least I hope so. There isn't a corps out there that doesn't fall back on signature musical motifs or that doesn't chop up music for the field. I'll never understand a lot of animosity in what people have to say about most corps.

Anyhoo, I expect the visual program to be more frenetic than it has been the past couple of years, and it's nice to see them really mixing up the types of music. Anytime a corps does Elfman, I'm a happy camper. :bluedevil:

Besides BD not playing straight music charts and only doing 5/4 rhythms, there are some other things to talk about as far as their show rep for 08 goes...at least I hope so. There isn't a corps out there that doesn't fall back on signature musical motifs or that doesn't chop up music for the field. I'll never understand a lot of animosity in what people have to say about most corps.

Anyhoo, I expect the visual program to be more frenetic than it has been the past couple of years, and it's nice to see them really mixing up the types of music. Anytime a corps does Elfman, I'm a happy camper. :bluedevil:

Like i said, I was excited for the show. I was only defending another posters right to say what he said. Any other corps announcement gets the same positive and negative reactions regarding show reactions - its not animosity, just a few jokes and random comments...no biggie

Oh yeah, I know BD isn't alone. Most of the top corps have to deal with garbage. I just don't get it.

Actually, if anyone gets put under a microscope this year, it should be bd. It can be lonely up there on the top... :bluedevil:

Wow, that sound extremely interesting, tons of potential, very excited to see it.

Actually, if anyone gets put under a microscope this year, it should be bd. It can be lonely up there on the top... :bluedevil:

No kidding. I must say, I'm much more excited about the rep for BD this year than I have been since 00. All of the top 12 shows I've seen so far are making me think that maybe I should get my butt to finals, after all. Looks to be a great year for music, which is odd, because usually it's odd years I like best.