BD 2008 Program Announcement

Quick thought here....(and if this has been brought up already, I apologize, but I'm not gonna read through 10 pages of posts just to find one possible question)

The Blue Devils are releasing a preview of the show at The Countdown. Does anyone think that DCI may try to do this more in the future? In other words, use The Countdown as a Preview springborad, so to speak, for multiple corps. Honestly, regardless of the shows showing on the Countdown any given year, how many more people would be interested in attending if they thought they could get a preview of the upcoming year's shows of any combination of The Cadets, The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, SCV, etc.?

Knowing that there will be a preview, I guess I might just have to go catch some drumcorps tonight. But yea, if i heard there were summer previews I know I would definitely be more inclined to go watch, especially considering I wasnt too overly excited about watching the shows that were voted in.

What a crazy morning, I wake up and find out syria and n korea are building nukes, pacman's a cowboy and blue devils have a show announcement... funny stuff

Edited by newterak

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me out. What's the concept? I'm not intending to dis the Devils or anyone, but I'm apparently not seeing what others in this thread do. This show will illustrate/represent/evoke/highlight/demonstrate what?

HH

With a title of "Constantly Risking Absurdity," I'm inclined the think that the general theme is something along the lines of "madness/daring." If you read the poem it's based on, the poem seems to be centralized around an artist daring to engage in something very dangerous/risky, but very exhilarating, simply for the sake of experiencing beauty. Some would call such a thrill-seeker/performer "mad."

Honestly, though, I'm not sure (I am by NO means a Literature expert, and poetry interpretation was always a weakpoint in English classes) and I'm kind of glad that I'm not sure...sometimes I feel that if they over-explain the theme at the beginning of the year, then they limit themselves in how they set about demonstrating it through the rest of the summer.

Edited by pags

With a title of "Constantly Risking Absurdity," I'm inclined the think that the general theme is something along the lines of "madness/daring." If you read the poem it's based on, the poem seems to be centralized around an artist daring to engage in something very dangerous/risky, but very exhilarating, simply for the sake of experiencing beauty. Some would call such a thrill-seeker/performer "mad."

I think you got something going there. Also, the picture is of a tightrope walker. I made the connection.

I am actually excited about this show. Can't wait to see BD perform this!

Honestly, though, I'm not sure (I am by NO means a Literature expert, and poetry interpretation was always a weakpoint in English classes) and I'm kind of glad that I'm not sure...sometimes I feel that if they over-explain the theme at the beginning of the year, then they limit themselves in how they set about demonstrating it through the rest of the summer.

Thanks. Seems reasonable. It felt earlier as if many in this thread were seeing a more specific theme. Maybe I was just reading too much into their words.

HH

It could very easily, however, be destroyed with Wayne Downey's arrangements.

This right here confirms my opinion (and a few others) why you, Hrothgar15, with zero marching or teaching experience in drum and bugle corps, haven't the slightest ####### clue what your talking about.

But, it is an opinion forum.

Regardless of how wrong that opinion may be.

This right here confirms my opinion (and a few others) why you, Hrothgar15, with zero marching or teaching experience in drum and bugle corps, haven't the slightest ####### clue what your talking about.

But, it is an opinion forum.

Regardless of how wrong that opinion may be.

Can you elaborate, please?