BD 2008 Program Announcement

I've been waiting for someone to play something from Serenada Schizophrana forever. I'm excited.

The marching band I've taught for the past several years actually played this for their show this past fall. Sure, they're a smaller suburban St. Louis group, but it was a lot of fun. I can only imagine what BD will be able to do with it.

This is looking like a dark year - thinking of 2000, etc. Honestly, those usually turn out to be my favorite BD shows - so, I'm pumped for this one.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has got to be the dumbest show title ever.

Unless you know it to be from an outstanding poem.......

They could still make these pieces into jazz if they wanted. Not sure if they will, but it wouldn't be too hard. I'm excited to see this show actually. BD could even turn Mozart's Requiem into a jazz chart if they wanted..I've seen it done and it was sweet.

Let's hope for something different.

Absolutely......

Going in to their 51st season as an Org. lets hope they drop the cut and paste style and extend some phrases. When BD extends the phrases.....very few corps can match their musicality and energy....

Edited by Triple Forte

I have a feeling amplified voice will play a crucial role in this show, à la 2005.

Actually, at the Countdown, I specifically remember them saying they would attempt to convey the theme WITHOUT the use of voice.

*yawning*

If the past is any indiction of what they will do with this music, it will be so overarranged nobody will know what they are playing. Also a lot of part and bark in the highly technical parts. In otherwords, same-ol, same-ol.

Thanks for the input. You are truly an optimist we can all look up to for years to come.