Crown Preview

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the possibility that this was recorded indoors and that is what is making this sound so much better than it really will be. Dont get me wrong, I cant wait to be knocked out of my seat by Crown, but you must remember that this might just be indoors and your computer system might be helping it out a little. (i.e. I put my Kiwanis Kavaliers 05 video on and with their 25 horns, can sound loud too.)

It does sound nice though!

So, I don't know how reliable this information is (due to my phone having poor reception), but I just spoke with a friend of mine who just left the theater after Countdown, and she told me that Crown announced their show title. Apparently, it's called "Finè." I might have gotten the title wrong (like I said, poor reception), but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.

Speaking of hearing things...that clip sounds really good! :tongue:

So, I don't know how reliable this information is (due to my phone having poor reception), but I just spoke with a friend of mine who just left the theater after Countdown, and she told me that Crown announced their show title. Apparently, it's called "Finè." I might have gotten the title wrong (like I said, poor reception), but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.

Speaking of hearing things...that clip sounds really good! :tongue:

Finis. Finally I can talk about the Crown show, although there's two huge "secrets" that I think I'll keep my mouth shut about... :devil:

I don't think it was condescending...

I just think they are tyring to be sure people don't jumpt the gun too much here. What was heard was limited, a standstill, and (in their opinion) featured low brass that was too strong. I think he was very clear in the remainder of the post that they have the potential to be the great Crown brass line we have come to know and love, but that people should not take this recording as anything more than what it is.

To an extent, I can at least agree with the sentiment.

What effect does it have on anything if they do jump the gun? What gun are they jumping? It's not a race. I don't think anyone is taking it for more than it is. Everyone here is aware that it's pre-season. The tip of the iceberg they can see is attractive to them. To call them inexperienced for being excited is condescending. I just don't understand why some people here feel it's necessary to curb others' enthusiasm. Who gives a farking sheet?! It has ZERO effect on anything. If it annoys you then just say that.

It's no different than being excited about your baseball team during spring training. The product at the end of the season may be much lower than your expectations, but that still doesn't mean it's not fun to get into it and be hopeful.

Sometimes it is probably better to just not say anything.

I guess you're not inclined to lead by example, then?...

I just posted about this on the other thread. After seeing the preview of 2008 Crown in the theater tonight, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it ends up being my favorite show of the year!

What is the possibility that this was recorded indoors and that is what is making this sound so much better than it really will be. Dont get me wrong, I cant wait to be knocked out of my seat by Crown, but you must remember that this might just be indoors and your computer system might be helping it out a little. (i.e. I put my Kiwanis Kavaliers 05 video on and with their 25 horns, can sound loud too.)

It does sound nice though!

The release at the end tells me it is quality sound. Just listen to it. It is a great quality sound for March.

There are some of you out here who will just never like Crown no matter what they put out on the field.