Crown Preview

that said, when i watch the blue devils, the cavaliers, and the cadets, i see adults performing their shows. when i watch crown, i see children trying to perform like the blue devils, the cavaliers, and the cadets.

Why, thank you Barack Obama Jr. That was mighty "elitist" of you! :smile:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, thank you Barack Obama Jr. That was mighty "elitist" of you! :smile:

Boohoo. He didnt call them children, just said thats what it looked like to him. Nothing wrong with describing a perception. You know something else that comes with being in contention for a medal.... People say things about your corps you may not like. Lord knows cadets fans have been there. Frankly, if people care enough to argue such things, that means that the corps in question has certainly made an impression, one way or the other. Nothing's worse than being irrelevant.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!

You must be doing something right for people to take notice! Good or bad!

NY Yankees -most hated team in baseball

Jeff Gordon - most booed Nascar driver

Cadets - most controversial corps

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!

You must be doing something right for people to take notice! Good or bad!

NY Yankees -most hated team in baseball

Jeff Gordon - most booed Nascar driver

Cadets - most controversial corps

Indeed. The thing about the Yankees (for example - i dont do nascar) A lot of people complain about them / hate them. Yet they still have more fans than most teams out there as well. So in general, you could say that everyone's 'got something to say' about them.

You must feel so great putting down a great drum corps.

I guess it was cute when Crown beat the Phantom Regiment in San Antonio?

Or cute when they beat the Blue Devils in brass at a show in 2005.

Or cute when they beat the Cadets and Phantom Regiment in brass at shows in 2007.

Or cute when their drumline went from 12th to 5th in one season...

Or CUTE when their guard was #1 the entire 2007 season and is known as one of the most elite guards around right now.

Whats cute is your obvious hate for a newer drum corps that is garnering some competitive success.

Although I love Crown's guard to death in 07, they weren't # 1 in all of 2007; 2nd to Cavies. Just for clarification :smile:

Kinda hoping Crown beats PR to see what would happen on DCP.

Didn't they do this during the '07 season? (I know not at finals)

:smile:

Kinda hoping Crown drops down to 8th this season...

That last statement was a JOKE!

Well, I'd rather have Crown place 8th and have a ###### show than for them to place in the Top 5 and have some sucktacular mess that doesn't connect with the audience. I know that won't be a problem this season, b/c the show is gonna rock, but placement in secondary to actual entertainment value.

Crown in 4th is not unrealistic based on last year's show. I see improvement each year out of them so I am hopeful. As '2000Cadet' says, 'The season hasn't started yet...'

I think we'll know a LOT more around the last week of June in Madison when a bunch of corps get together.... Fun stuff.

This topic is getting so out of control. I think some people need to stop posting on DCP and get back in a practice room! ;)

I think we'll know a LOT more around the last week of June in Madison when a bunch of corps get together.... Fun stuff.

I dont think we'll know anything at the end of June. Remember last year Crown and Bluecoats were leading the pack. I think we'll have to wait till the middle or end of July to even start guessing where the corps will place.