Crown Preview

Not when the staff is so Star-heavy. IMHO, of course. And did you HEAR that 16-count chord last year???

Then by the same logic, the Star of the 90's was the new Cadets since our staff was so "Cadets-heavy."

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then by the same logic, the Star of the 90's was the new Cadets since our staff was so "Cadets-heavy."

That's what I thought about them and it was totally fine by me. I almost marched '89, knew people in the '87 & '88 corps, and many of the people there felt this way at the time.

I was wondering how The Cadets could let such good instructors and designers go... That was some awesome staff there. The combination was magic...

So basically, what you're saying is that Carolina Crown '06+ is like Cadets '83+?

:smile::wink:

I kid...

I loved Star, '80s Cadets, and this new Carolina Crown sound.

Cute thread, the hope, the naiveté, the blinding patronage to one’s beloved corps

I expect Crown to slip next year; thought their show got the benefit of the doubt last year and design was rewarded more than actual performance but then again....there were drill issues

How much of the finals DVD did they edit, I recall many flubs from the stands that night but didn’t hear them on the disc. They re-did the mello solo fer sure and I think that blown attack was axed too, anyone know the tracking points of the eidts?

Cute thread, the hope, the naiveté, the blinding patronage to one’s beloved corps

I expect Crown to slip next year; thought their show got the benefit of the doubt last year and design was rewarded more than actual performance but then again....there were drill issues

How much of the finals DVD did they edit, I recall many flubs from the stands that night but didn’t hear them on the disc. They re-did the mello solo fer sure and I think that blown attack was axed too, anyone know the tracking points of the eidts?

Well, thats funny, because Crown's GE scores were lower than their performance scores in comparison to corps around them.

Edited by gjdavistuba

Yes, Kelly's (I think that's her name) one note in the solo was fixed, as were two barely noticeable cracked notes in the opening quartet. I'm pretty sure those are the only edits...DCI does this all the time for the DVDs, at least recently.

I expect Crown to slip next year

LMAO LOL :wink::wink::wink::smile:

I dont see much blind adoration, just one person ripping people for the sake of keeping up some lame wannabe bad*** dcp identity for no apparent reason.

<=== NOT a crown homer in the slightest...

You must feel so great putting down a great drum corps.

I guess it was cute when Crown beat the Phantom Regiment in San Antonio?

Or cute when they beat the Blue Devils in brass at a show in 2005.

Or cute when they beat the Cadets and Phantom Regiment in brass at shows in 2007.

Or cute when their drumline went from 12th to 5th in one season...

Or CUTE when their guard was #1 the entire 2007 season and is known as one of the most elite guards around right now.

Whats cute is your obvious hate for a newer drum corps that is garnering some competitive success.

Edited by gjdavistuba

Hey GJDavis... dude, it's like the Danica Patrick haters. You cannot convince them. Don't even try. Just laugh your ### off all the way to 4th place or higher this year. You know you can do it deep done. The only thing you can REALLY use haterade statements for is fuel for your corps. Just make your comeback statements between the hash marks....(hopefully for Hoppy's sake, they'll be there) and not on DCP.

Hey GJDavis... dude, it's like the Danica Patrick haters. You cannot convince them. Don't even try. Just laugh your ### off all the way to 4th place or higher this year. You know you can do it deep done. The only thing you can REALLY use haterade statements for is fuel for your corps. Just make your comeback statements between the hash marks....(hopefully for Hoppy's sake, they'll be there) and not on DCP.

pff. fourth place? honestly, i'm excited to see what crown can do as much as the next guy... but really, keep it in this reality, please.