Having just spoke with Bruce(Commander71), one of the Gauntleteers, he informed me that they were not able to make the run down Ridge Rd. to the Classic this past weekend. He assured me that all is well and that they hope to run the gauntlet for the Buffalo DCI show in August. Unfortunately there goes that 'unbiased' review we were hoping for. Let's hope that others are working on their's as we speak...........

Hey guys...sorry about the lack of the annual "unbiased" review...but it was just not possible to make it to the show this year. Most of the Gauntleteers had other commitments and it was not possible to get together and make the annual run down Ridge Road. We are re-tooling the group for the August DCI show in Buffalo, but you know it's not the same. I listened to MSJ's sound files and was pretty impressed with this years book and effort...lots of new music. Seems like MSJ stepped back and took a collective breath and decided that they were gonna put forth a great effort for this year and it sure sounds like it paid off. Some tasty drum parts in there too, Bob. I hope Doug Reynolds has been a help to you guys and Larry.

Missed my fellow Gautleteers, missed the run down Ridge Rd from Niagara Falls, missed my drum corps brothers and sisters, missed the show, missed the party (love watching Erie T-Birds take charge at a party!) but did not miss the Sunday hangover.

Look for us in Buffalo in August...we'll be in the parking lot with our friends from St. Joe's.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man, i really wanted to get a review of this show. i couldn't be there this year and really wanted to see what everyone had to say (outside of crusaders).

well i guess it was a good time (looked like a good lineup). hopefully there will be a review on here soon!!

Bruce,

I am hoping to be at that show. The night before is my 30th reunion and since I'll be in town...why not. Hope we can all meet somewhere.

Hey guys...sorry about the lack of the annual "unbiased" review...but it was just not possible to make it to the show this year. Most of the Gauntleteers had other commitments and it was not possible to get together and make the annual run down Ridge Road. We are re-tooling the group for the August DCI show in Buffalo, but you know it's not the same. I listened to MSJ's sound files and was pretty impressed with this years book and effort...lots of new music. Seems like MSJ stepped back and took a collective breath and decided that they were gonna put forth a great effort for this year and it sure sounds like it paid off. Some tasty drum parts in there too, Bob. I hope Doug Reynolds has been a help to you guys and Larry.

Missed my fellow Gautleteers, missed the run down Ridge Rd from Niagara Falls, missed my drum corps brothers and sisters, missed the show, missed the party (love watching Erie T-Birds take charge at a party!) but did not miss the Sunday hangover.

Look for us in Buffalo in August...we'll be in the parking lot with our friends from St. Joe's.

oh man, i really wanted to get a review of this show. i couldn't be there this year and really wanted to see what everyone had to say (outside of crusaders).

well i guess it was a good time (looked like a good lineup). hopefully there will be a review on here soon!!

OK.....I'll give you MY review of the "Classic."

I really didn't get to hear anyone's full show besides the THUNDERBIRDS. (they were good) Donny Allen was good. Doug Melloncamptime needs work. (he tried though) That one guy from the Canadian Corps sounded good too. Don't have much of a recollection of last weekend. There was this party after the show. BARNEY'S? You see, I got loaded. I lost track after the 9th or 14th Labatt's Blue. Not sure because these 3 chicks from Erie (Rene, Margo, & Mary) kept feeding me shots. Then I went into the party................Barnaby-Jones Exempts? Next thing I remember was waking up Sun Morn, looking out the window of the hotel room, and seeing PUKE all over the parking lot. The most exciting moment of the weekend was realizing that it was NOT mine. It's a good night when you DON'T BLOW CHUNKS. Am I being a little to graphic? I'm just just telling you how it is folks.

This is my review. Probably not what you expected. I'm sure that there are similar experiences like mine. So let's hear 'em.

Nick/Sop/Chicks

BTW- Thank you for your kind comment D.A.

Excellent review Nick...I would have expected nothing less.

Donny V.

Edited by donnymusic

I nominate this for the best review of the year.

OK.....I'll give you MY review of the "Classic."

I really didn't get to hear anyone's full show besides the THUNDERBIRDS. (they were good) Donny Allen was good. Doug Melloncamptime needs work. (he tried though) That one guy from the Canadian Corps sounded good too. Don't have much of a recollection of last weekend. There was this party after the show. BARNEY'S? You see, I got loaded. I lost track after the 9th or 14th Labatt's Blue. Not sure because these 3 chicks from Erie (Rene, Margo, & Mary) kept feeding me shots. Then I went into the party................Barnaby-Jones Exempts? Next thing I remember was waking up Sun Morn, looking out the window of the hotel room, and seeing PUKE all over the parking lot. The most exciting moment of the weekend was realizing that it was NOT mine. It's a good night when you DON'T BLOW CHUNKS. Am I being a little to graphic? I'm just just telling you how it is folks.

This is my review. Probably not what you expected. I'm sure that there are similar experiences like mine. So let's hear 'em.

Nick/Sop/Chicks

I was thinking about going to the "Classic" next year, but it sounds like if I buy a couple of six packs and a Thunderbirds CD, I can avoid 6 hours on a bus.

Look for a CD that Nick is on...he plays soprano and chicks dig him.

DV

Bruce,

I am hoping to be at that show. The night before is my 30th reunion and since I'll be in town...why not. Hope we can all meet somewhere.

Oh man, done deal! We'll make you a Canadian for a day...don't know how that will go over at the Military Academy. Always room for a Royal Coachman in the Gauntleteers. We will speak more of this...