CADRE was awesome. I'm not a percussionist but you certainly have to appreciate their show. Nice to see and hear rudimental drumming again. What are their wrists and forearms made from? IRON...? Some type of space-age composite.....? UNREAL :thumbs-up: They definitly were up to muster for the old tick system. Anybody from "OPTI" in this group?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw those guys weighing their sticks before the show on a triple beam scale...so maybe you are on to something there Gino with the idea of iron wrists.

Donny

For those who couldn't make it to the show, St. Joe's sound files from the 'Classic' are now on their web site. www.mightystjoes.org

Sorry I wasn't there to give my annual review of the show. The clips sound AWESOME though!

I guess no one wants to commit.

At one point I remember Tom P. stating that he was going to post the review. Hmm not call you out Tom but I'm calling you out! lol

I guess no one wants to commit.

I would really like to hear more about cru and brigs performances. From what I've heard theres quite a competition there.

Don't really have the expertise to give a review ...BUT...I'd like to throw out a big "THANK YOU" to recent WDCHOF inductee Steve Cooley for jumping in and filling the spot of Kevin "Gadget" Gamin who had a family emergency.

If you happen to read this Kevin........I hope you appreciate what it (whom/who) it takes to fill your shoes.

Mr. Cooley even has a 2-valve horn like I do. Does it get any better?

Someone in the audience take a shot. Something is better than nothing, good or bad...........

Here's a little from CRU:

From David Hobart by Stacey Squire (Rochester Crusaders Move On - 4/28/08)

"The Crusaders filled the stage and orchestra area of the packed auditorium. They started their performance with the 2008 field show and end with a powerful rendition of “Battle Hymn” – A drum corps favorite. The powerful sound stemming from the horns and percussion was extraordinarily stunning. This earned the Corps their first standing ovation for 2008."

patience... you'll have to wait for DCW for my review

although... both Cru and Brigs were solid...

I'm in love with Cru's Classical Russian book - with the right visual and a few more horses... they're in great shape

Brigs presented an incomplete product which made it somewhat difficult to be certain of... they had plenty of bodies for May 1 and should be fine...

audience wise - Cru got a deserved standing "O"