Fiedler to SCV!

Interesting, I was not even aware that he was no longer with the cavies, though I now see there is a discussion on that topic. Well, good luck to Mr. Fiedler and SCV.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says that he directs Mr. Pearson, so yeah, that involves a lot more than financial oversight, I'm sure.

The direct quote from the press release is, "When I retired from The Cavaliers, I was looking to gain a position with a non- profit in an institutional advancement role."

He's focusing on institutional advancement. That's non-profit speak for a wide umbrella that includes fundraising (primarily and ultimately), marketing, public relations, community relations, government relations, etc. I doubt very much he will be tasked with getting involved in the creative end of things...though the design and instructional staff would be silly not to use him as a consultant.

The tell-tale sign as to how much this position is consultative and symbolic or even ornamental and how much it is actually functional will be whether he actually moves to Northern California.

When he resigned, I instantly had another thought of what he was going to do next -- one that made perfect sense although was a little far-fetched, perhaps -- and one that I'm now too embarrassed to mention, because it wasn't this!!!

I'm glad he's staying in the biz and will continue to have a positive impact!!!

Cavaliers of the west= SCV????

Interesting to see Fielder go there. Hope he does well in Santa Clara.

WOW

and backwards: WOW