Finals Tickets: $125/ea.

That's what we do for WGI. Pay to watch World Class prelims for about $25 each and skip world Class finals, which are $50 each. Plus we still get to see all the great guards and some shows that we might like but would not have seen if we only went to finals. During Finals we go out to eat and then sleep after watching 30+ hours of guard in 2 days.

:tongue:

:tongue:

:beer:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and screw BMW for making the 7-series so expensive too.

Sorry.. gotta throw the flag for improper use of logic here.

Kids running around on a football field playing instruments <> high-end luxury automobiles.

Although I love what they do!

I just bought my tickets for $75 each. $125 was a bit pricey for me, I agree, but those are the best seats in the house. There are people who are willing to pay that amount though, and good for them, they should get the best seats. Just like sitting courtside at an NBA game, you're going to have to pay more for it. You wouldn't expect to sit in the best seats in the house for the price of nosebleed seats in the rafters.

According to the Ticketmaster site, the next Boston Celtics vs. Atlanta Hawks playoff game have courtside seats available for only $1,500.

Now that's pricey!

Sorry.. gotta throw the flag for improper use of logic here.

Kids running around on a football field playing instruments <> high-end luxury automobiles.

Although I love what they do!

Correct, they are not equal... which is why finals tickets don't cost $75,000

The reason BMW can get away with charging $75,000 for a car is that there are people out there who will pay for it.

The reason DCI can charge $125 for tickets is that people will pay for it.

You are whining about a luxury being too expensive... but that's why they call it a luxury. The best of the best isn't meant for everyone

So much for the family outing.

First, you act like the ticket prices were raised all of a sudden. They have been exclusive for some time.

Second, this is the super bowl of marching music. I wouldn't expect to have a family outing at the super bowl. And I wouldn't expect it at DCI Finals. Any other day of the year YES, but not finals.

Why don't you attend quarterfinals, sit closer to the 50 with less crowds and take advantage of the lower ticket prices?

You do not have to pay $125 to go to Finals.

There are also Finals tickets availble for $35, $55 and $75.

Or, you can go to Seminfinals.

Or, you can go to Quarterfinals.

Or, you can watch Semifinals as a webcast.

Or, you can go to a theater and watch Quarterfinals.

Or, you can go to Atlanta, San Antonio, Allentown, etc. (depending on your travel preferences).

Or, you can buy the DVD.

All of these have lower costs than sitting in the best seats in the house on Finals night.

You get to choose.