Your 10 least favorite shows from 2000-2007

Ok, everybody has their opinions and that's okay, but please explain this to me. It is beyond me how any drum corps fan could not like 2001 Madison. That hornline is everything that everybody craves out of a hornline. They played LOUD with none of the reserved qualities that bother a lot of drum corps fans today. The music was incredible, not a dull moment from start to finish, and it built up to one of the most exciting endings I've ever seen! I'm sure a lot of us secretly want to see a corps just blow the house down with reckless abandon at the end of the show!

The lead soprano section and soloists were out of this world. They really felt this show and GAVE it to the audience! If any members of the 2001 Madison Scouts are reading this, I SALUTE YOU!!!! :thumbup:

I saw this show a few times that summer and when you consider what they did between 1994-1999, 2000 was a little off, and 2001 was trying....but it fell way short. I didn't like the music. Nothing about it excited me. It was just loud. I think that's why they placed where they did in comparison to their other efforts.

The ending was nowhere near as exciting as 1997 or 95 and I think once you have been to the pinnacle, there is nowhere to go but down, but even 1998 which was far inferior to the shows around it was very entertaining. 2001 was just not for me personally. But I'm glad you liked it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this show a few times that summer and when you consider what they did between 1994-1999, 2000 was a little off, and 2001 was trying....but it fell way short. I didn't like the music. Nothing about it excited me. It was just loud. I think that's why they placed where they did in comparison to their other efforts.

The ending was nowhere near as exciting as 1997 or 95 and I think once you have been to the pinnacle, there is nowhere to go but down, but even 1998 which was far inferior to the shows around it was very entertaining. 2001 was just not for me personally. But I'm glad you liked it.

ESPECIALLY 1997. That was an excellent year for them. I loved every minute of that show. When I look at the shows they had post 97, they just don't do much for me, except the ending of the 1999 show.

Boy, this is a positive thread.

I am very happy to see that xmen didn't make anyones "least" list!

I knew I was forgetting something...

In no particular order:

Crown 2004

Cadets 2006

Cadets 2007

BD 2005

Boston 2004

Capital Regiment 2006

Blue Stars 2006

Crown 2007

+Crossmen 2006

ok here I go....

1. 2007 Glassmen- i love the way the corps marches but I can never get into this particular show of theirs

2. 2005 Magic- I marched this show, but goodness it was the worst designed show EVER. an ok brass line though :thumbup:

3. 2006 Boston- Just another show that was horribly designed...but i heard that the design team (or lack their of) screwed them that season...although kudos to a very underrated hornline that year, they could play

4. 2004 Bluecoats- amazing talent, show just never clicked personally for me. great trumpetline though!

5. 2005 Madison- I love the intensity of the performers in this show (maybe the only reason i will ever watch or listen to it) but the second half of the show bored me....maybe a dragged out drum break lost me? sweet ### jam out session though

6. 2004 Blue Knights- good corps...boring show

7. 2006 Cadets- Another one I marched....a horribly designed show. Great music book though!! and i did love that ballad (even with the singing) just horribly paced, with lack luster drill and a weak closer

8. 2006 Crown- sweet hornline and guard...drumline ruins it for me with a boring show, obviously IMO

9. 2006 Phantom- I know i will get flamed for this one, but I was not a fan of that hornline. to bottom heavy (by far) and a gross mello sound...this is all just my personal preference in brass, but I just didn't like the sound or blend they put out that summer. and do not believe they should have beat the blue devils, but thats just a non biased opnion.

10. 2005 Crown- other than the opening 90 seconds the show lost a lot of steam for me.

most of my picks have little to do with performance, but mainly with show design.

You can put that rock back into your head.

ahahaha :blink: