Recommended Viewing

So now that I have the DCI Fan Network, I realize just how many shows I haven't seen before. I'm a huge DC fan but didn't join the ranks of fandom until the mid 90s. The video library that is available to me now is awesome, exciting, and a bit daunting. Can you please recommend some 'must-see' shows? Just to point me in the right direction so I don't wonder aimlessly through the library. I'm especially interested in what the 'old guard' fans recommend. 70s-80s shows are unfamiliar to say the least. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys! :thumbup:

So now that I have the DCI Fan Network, I realize just how many shows I haven't seen before. I'm a huge DC fan but didn't join the ranks of fandom until the mid 90s. The video library that is available to me now is awesome, exciting, and a bit daunting. Can you please recommend some 'must-see' shows? Just to point me in the right direction so I don't wonder aimlessly through the library. I'm especially interested in what the 'old guard' fans recommend. 70s-80s shows are unfamiliar to say the least. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys! :thumbup:

The good news is that you have a year to watch this stuff (unless you renew, of course). The bad news is that even if you watch 3 or 4 videos a day, every day for a year, you won't be able to watch it all! Actually... that's probably not bad news at all. :worthy: I hope they keep adding and adding to this... especially the historical stuff. I've been sitting here watching things all afternoon that I've always wondered about. Even the silent home movies on the Blue Devils site are incredible. Enough gushing for now.

Madison 1988 - Maleguena

And always...2003 Phantom Regiment - Harmonic Journey

Muchachos

BD 76 86

Cadets (Garfield Cadets) 83-85 87

SCV 78-79 81 86 87

Bridgemen 79-82

Scouts 75

Phantom Regiment 87-89

VK 87-88

Just to name a few. :thumbup:

Edited by Jeffe77

1979 and 1980 Spirit Of Atlanta

Start with 1980 and go through 1989 (but feel free to fast forward past the middle of BD's 89 show....long-time corps fans know why!!)

Understand also that the 80s were a time of massive change in the activity at all levels, from design to execution to show concept....a LOT of experimentation was going on....much of what we see on the field today got the biggest push in the 80s.

Enjoy!

There's tons . . .but a few off the beaten path of Cadets 83, Devils 86, etc.

Spirit of Atlanta 1986: One of the last "Glory Years". Big, loud . . .and still awesome.

Freelancers 1989: One of the coolest openers that year (well, I thought so) . . .and one of the last chances to hear John Williams on the field in drum corps.

VK 1988: Way under-rated. In fact, check the 1989 VK show too. Both are way over-the-top, and the hornlines both years could really wail.

Suncoast Sound 1988: Watch it to see the precursors of the "intellectual" show; a grandfather of sorts to all "The Zone", etc stuff nowadays. Plus, it's an amazing show in its own right.

1984 Garfield and Suncoast. Garfield was a big leap forward and Suncoast was a controversial show that really hit its peak at DCI. The Vietnam War Memorial section was very emotional that night in Atlanta for alot of people.