Marion Cadets

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very disturbing to say the least,..............but, is this a real news story?,...........seems to be very novice work.............

Yeah, what is TV22 anyway.... public access??? What time do Wayne and Garth come on?

Seriously hope for next report he shuts off the car radio when he's talking as I'm not a Billy Idol fan (White Wedding)... And he should tell his buddy not to talk when the camera is on....

Yeah, what is TV22 anyway.... public access??? What time do Wayne and Garth come on?

Seriously hope for next report he shuts off the car radio when he's talking as I'm not a Billy Idol fan (White Wedding)... And he should tell his buddy not to talk when the camera is on....

Yeah, while I admire the attempt at free-lance journalism, the video itself is not all that informative or well put together. If the guy wants people to take something like that seriously, a little more work needs to be put into the quality of the entire production.

http://www.marionohio.tv

Looks like a local UHF station

Yeah, while I admire the attempt at free-lance journalism, the video itself is not all that informative or well put together. If the guy wants people to take something like that seriously, a little more work needs to be put into the quality of the entire production.

Leave it to Drum Corps Planet to criticize the production value rather than the content. :thumbup:

Check this video out...a special report from the Marion OH TV station

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1618642077

TV22

Why should this be important to you?

1. This group of adults has hijacked the good name and reputation of not only the Marion Cadets, but drum corps in general in a town that was formerly nationally revered as a drum corps destination.

2. If there ever is hope to have drum corps again in Marion, this situation must change and the perpetrators of this fraud on the community must be exposed for what they are.

3. This could be repeated in your city by a similar group or another drum corps...putting a large black spot on our activity and heritage as a whole.

4. This could cause state governmental bodies who license and permit BINGO for the benefit of drum corps to review or revoke permits based on one VERY BAD APPLE in the barrel.

5. The loss of one more drum corps hurts all drum corps.

What can you do?

1. Go to the Marion Star newspaper site (marionstar.com) and log in on their forum and post your opinions to the city and the community in the Marion Area site.

2. Be vocal to the State Attorney General in Ohio. There is fraud being perpetrated here...on ALL drum corps.

3. Support drum corps nationally by rooting out evil (with apologies to our California Sr. brethren).

These type of shenanigans must not be tolerated within the drum corps community.

This is what it's about not the quality of the new tv station they are trying to bring out the truth and show the black eye on drum corps and a corps with rich history.Go to the marionstar.com fourms section and post a reply in support of making things right.Tell the people of Marion what a corps should be and how it can be run.

Carl

Leave it to Drum Corps Planet to criticize the production value rather than the content. :thumbup:

Problem is if the production value is bad enough, people will wonder if the content is equally as bad (IOW - correct). Watched this twice and second time I pretended the clip was evidence in a court case and I had to disprove or poke holes in what was presented. One problem is we are taking the young mans word he is at the MC site at the days and times he says he is there. Showing the clock on the cars dashboard isn't concrete as they are easy to change. Other problem to me is I wish he'd checked to see if the door to the building was locked. Would be very telling IMO if the building was locked during a supposed practice.

Remember this clip is not for people who care about DC. This clip is trying to grab the attention of the general population who could give a rats hindquater either way.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Problem is if the production value is bad enough, people will wonder if the content is equally as bad (IOW - correct). Watched this twice and second time I pretended the clip was evidence in a court case and I had to disprove or poke holes in what was presented. One problem is we are taking the young mans word he is at the MC site at the days and times he says he is there. Showing the clock on the cars dashboard isn't concrete as they are easy to change. Other problem to me is I wish he'd checked to see if the door to the building was locked. Would be very telling IMO if the building was locked during a supposed practice.

Remember this clip is not for people who care about DC. This clip is trying to grab the attention of the general population who could give a rats hindquater either way.

I'm sure if you have better ways of going about it the 'reporter' would more then welcome your support.

Hope to see you in the next report so it's done 'correctly.'

Geez....at least this is getting exposed and Marion can get back to some level of a respectable organization...

I'm sure if you have better ways of going about it the 'reporter' would more then welcome your support.

Hope to see you in the next report so it's done 'correctly.'

Geez....at least this is getting exposed and Marion can get back to some level of a respectable organization...

Well I suggested shutting off the car radio and telling his buddy to be quiet earlier....

I applaud that this mess is being exposed and that the young man did on the scene reporting. BUT!!!! I'm concerned non-drum corps people in Marion will watch this on TV22 and remember the "production value" more than the actual content. Figure it this way, if the die hard DC people on DCP have been sidetracked by this it will be easier for the non-DC folks to remember the way the report was done and NOT what was in the report.

To put it in a sound bite, the young man is hurting his message by the way it is being presented. Ask any public speaker (or politician) and they will tell you presentation means a LOT when you are trying to get your point across. (Seen enough good things killed by bad presentation in my job). IMO, it was a good report but hurt by things done in it.

Anyone know what else has been shown by TV22 on this? Any background before this report would help.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

This is what it's about not the quality of the new tv station they are trying to bring out the truth and show the black eye on drum corps and a corps with rich history.Go to the marionstar.com fourms section and post a reply in support of making things right.Tell the people of Marion what a corps should be and how it can be run.

Carl

Serious Question,...........would you say that the community of Marion and the corps itself would be better served if the director and his staff/board relinquish control of the non profit to others who could do a better job, or at least give it a go?

Why is the current admin not willing?

The part that concerns me the most is that it would appear the current admin is unwilling to realize that non profits do not exist at the pleasure of the folks in charge, they are supposed to operate (sort of) in the public trust, and the organization is not theirs to have and to hold,.........