1975 Muchachos

The only vinyl recording of 77 Bridgemen is from the UOEC Championships that year. Bayonne did not make a DCI recording that year. I don't know if there are any CD's available.

They are on the 77 Legacy DVD thats all I know about

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just sad to me that some of these young kats may never get to hear the 75 Muchachos. 33 years is long enough. Mr. Boo or anyone else, do you know if there are any recordings from the 75 Prelims? If so what can we do as Fans of the Drum and Bugle Corps Activity to get DCI to release the recordings for all to hear and see?

Yes, there are recordings from the 1975 DCI prelims in DCI's audio archive....including the Muchachos.

Without getting too specific, any drum corps item available is best found on E-Bay. My brother got me a 27th Lancer clock which I proudly display in my office, although the royalty issue is vague....

:tongue:

Hey Puppet:

Just a minor correction, we played "Three Blind Mice at Symphony Hall in "71" also the drinking age in NYC was 21 until after the Vietnam war ended. You did look quite young back in the day though (lol)

Darn! I am getting old!

Thanks for having a better memory than me!

Puppet

Ok so not looking for said information it was thrust upon me in the after parties of Kingmen Alumni parties last summer (2007). A Certain un-named former 75 Boo Star (who was removed from the corps in late season 75) passed me this....Apparantly the directors or board members DR K, Gale Royer, Jim Jones and others, were told that several corps had overage members and were going out and cleaning it up. Said member was promptly and unceremoniously removed from the corps in early AUG of 75 to prevent any embarassment to the BS.

On to Muchachos, I did witness personnally... an explicid video of Muchachos 75 prelims during one of the breaks during Kingsmen camp and promptly wet my pants...

The only vinyl recording of 75 Hawthorne is from Fleetwood Records at the World Open. Someone bought the Fleetwood archives, and is selling CD's. You can do a Google search and find their stuff online. I recently bought the 71 World Open and 71 Dream CD's. AWESOME BABY !

FYI...

You can puchase a DVD of the Haas videos of the 1971 World Open on DRUMCORPSVIDEOS.COM. I have Garfield, of course, and it is not bad. It's pricey to purchase all of them, but I'd love to be able to do that. They charge $15/corps. I wonder if they'd give someone a discount if they want to purchase all 12 finalists.

Darn! I am getting old!

Thanks for having a better memory than me!

Puppet

Those were some great times. It's funny, I can remember that stuff but sometimes can't remember what I had for lunch (lol).

Those were some great times. It's funny, I can remember that stuff but sometimes can't remember what I had for lunch (lol).

Chicken salad. But I digress....

In 1975 DCI was in its fourth season. They were still getting over a lot of bumps. In retrospect, they should have had the corps found guilty of marching over-age members march a blank in their space, and maybe pay a fine. It made no sense to penalize the legitimate corps members for something they didn't know about (and management may not have known about). Even if the legit members knew, what could they have done? Demand that management remove the offenders?? Unlikely.

By the way, Muchachos finished second at DCI prelims in 1975. I have it on good authority from someone who knows someone who dated a guy who met Shirley Whitcomb at a Bar Mitzvah in 1986.

Edited by A27Lancer