The DCI.org Fan Network Discussion Thread

We at BD have at least 3 professional videographers working very hard to put up content for our fans. Some of the smaller corps are finding out that it is a big job. Anything they put up (including kids eating) is something that wasn't available before this year, and is part of the "life of drum corps", which should be cherished, not chided.

The thing that has been yanking my chain on this forum is that fans are getting WAY more content than they ever had, and it's being professionally done ... way better than the "stuff" you see on YouTube ... it's current, and in some cases, live! And yet people still complain. Go figure.

DCI, and a lot of corps, have spent many many 10's of thousands of dollars and thousands of man-hours to make this happen. Sure, it's not perfect ... but it's a giant leap in benefits for the fans. And it can only get better, with more content being generated at each show and rehearsal. And it's all being done because, why? Because we want to keep our fans happy! A happy fan 1) stays involved with the activity, 2) promotes the activity by bringing in others, and (yes) 3) buys more stuff from their favorite corps (hopefully).

I agree with that. While I don't get into all of the "life of drum corps" stuff (some of it is great, i.e. Scott Johnson showing his basketball game), I appreciate the different side of drum corps that most people who haven't march don't ever really see. My parents would've _LOVED_ to see that stuff when I marched, and I'm sure plenty of people dig it. The professionalism of the videos put out by the corps is great, and even though you describe the tedious job it is to get those videos online, it is still hard to really imagine the amount of time you guys give up/donate for us. It's a great new addition to DCI's paid service (something TONS of us paid subscribers have been wanting for awhile now: more content). If people want to see more performance type stuff, check out the amateur videos on youtube. I love the fact that both options are out there, and even though I won't get to see most of the shows the legit way until tomorrow night's webcast, I've found myself spending WAY more time watching the Fan Network stuff than the youtube bootleg-esque stuff.

Thanks for the great effort; I look forward to any and all future offerings from the corps!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to a phantom rehearsal pretty soon and I'm wondering if it's okay to record the rehearsal and sectionals... Will they try to taze me if I pull out my camcorder??

I don't know about Phantom, but most corps would not allow you to record any part of their rehearsels. And that's not a new rule for the fan network either... that's how it's always been.

That Blue Stars Percs lot vid.... Dang, those guys are pretty tight. Especially the Basses!

I appreciate all the efforts of the behind -the-scenes people that are taking care of putting these videos together. Please keep up the good work, I know how hard it is to sift through tons of footage to squeeze out a couple of seconds of viewable material. It reminds me of what I went through when I was on tour in the 90's.

Edited by Tuba1919

Ok I'll come here for some help.

Can any one tell me why I would be having trouble adding my personal information to the network.

I can not update any of the required information to purchase it. I have been trying for nealry a week now. With know success...

I have e-mailed some body like three times for assistance, with know reply....

I can access the network fine. I can watch all the free stuff Id like. The system will just not let me buy into it...

Have I been Black listed?

Any help would be great

ok so I am signed and don't see where I click to see the live broadcast. Can someone help me please?

Mine has a Madison, WI - live - in BOLD red on the top of the screen. They're live, and it's WORKING - YES.

thank you all!