Neocosmos

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To save time, pieces they'll be doing are

Opener: Also Spracht Zarathustra (2001: A Space Odyssey)

2nd movement: Kingfishers Catch Fire by John Mackey

3rd movement: Combo of "Moondance" by Van Morrison and "August Rhapsody" from the film August Rush

4th movement: Music from the Matrix Trilogy, including one called "Burly Brawl" from a scene in the 2nd Matrix with multiple Agent Smith's fighting

Sounds like a good repertoire :tongue:

Edited by Huntington Mallets

My school played Burly Brawl a couple of years back for a halftime show... cool stuff...

Should be a good one :tongue:

I absolutely LOVE the matrix music...been wanting to see it on the field for a while. I feel like i'm really not hearing alot of the inner stuff that's going on, but i'm sure it's going to be AMAZING

Ya, I'll admit that the matrix stuff sounds like it's going to come off really nice. So how long until someone does a full Matrix show?

First I will totally admit that I am biased for obvious reasons, but that was some great sounding music I heard today. :tongue: I cannot wait for this season to begin.

comeonfhqwhgads I am sure someone will be along shortly that can explain Conquest better than I can, but from what I know it is a BAC trademark that shows up somewhere in the show almost every year.

BAC Mom

Edited by BACMom

"Conquest" is the main theme from the movie soundtrack "Captain from Castille", filmed in the late 1940's. The corps has played segments of this piece in varying lengths over the past 40 years or so. They played it as a climax to their shows throughout the 70s and 80s, with the last year of doing an entire production of it being performed as part of the 50th Anniversary show in 1990. Since then, BAC has generally worked in a couple bars of the music into its show each year, with the most abbreviated snippets over the last several years. In the modern era of the theme show design, it has been more of a challenge programming-wise to work it in than it was back in the "variety show" days.

Two things are certain.....first, older drum corps people like me generally go nuts whenever it is played, and secondly, the kids in the corps attach great meaning to it every year they play it. It is pretty cool to see 17-21 year olds having such an appreciation for what came before....

DEVORATE EOS, BOSTONIA!

:tongue: