The 2008 Derby City Knights

The Derby City Knights are rolling through the 2008 season. We are looking to fill the last few spots in our 2008 show. We are still looking for 3 sopranos, 2 baritones, 1 contra and three guard. We would also accept a few more in the front ensemble; however we already are pretty well off there. Our battery is full for the season. Our show this year is "That 70's Show" and includes Karn Evil 9, One More Time Chuck Corea, I'll Be There and Get It On.

Now for some recent update:

DCK is also proud to announce that our battery is changing over from Yamaha equipment to Dynasty equipment.

I would also like to show off DCK’s new look for the 2008.

IMG_1835copy.jpg

IMG_18432.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

The next DCK camp is June 7th and 8th will be held at Meade County High School in Brandenburg KY. If you are interested in checking us out, please feel free to contact me.

Edited by m_basey

Hey,

Do you guys have someone with a mini van who travels through Louisville, KY? My Dad saw a van with what might have been a Derby City Logo on the back. Of course he didn't know what he was looking at and just noticed a Mini Van with a Drum Corps Decal on the back and he didn't think it was one of the Junior Corps.

He is somewhat familiar with Junior Corps but has no clue about Senior Corps.

The Derby City Knights are rolling through the 2008 season. We are looking to feel the last few holes in our 2008 season. We are still looking for 3 sopranos, 2 baritones, 1 contra and three guard. We would also accept a few more in the front ensemble; however we already are pretty well off there. Our battery is full for the season. Our show this year is "That 70's Show" and includes Karn Evil 9, One More Time Chuck Corea, I'll Be There and Get It On.

Now for some recent update:

DCK is also proud to announce that our battery is changing over from Yamaha equipment to Dynasty equipment.

I would also like to show off DCK’s new look for the 2008.

IMG_1835copy.jpg

IMG_18432.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

The next DCK camp is June 7th and 8th will be held at Meade County High School in Brandenburg KY. If you are interested in checking us out, please feel free to contact me.

GOOD FOR YOU - DERBY CITY !!!! Unies look Great and News sounds Good. Keep it up!!!!

Wow,,that is what my daughter would call a UBER cool uniform.I wish you all the best at DCA championships this year. :tongue:

Edited by camel lips

wow looks great!

Hey,

Do you guys have someone with a mini van who travels through Louisville, KY? My Dad saw a van with what might have been a Derby City Logo on the back. Of course he didn't know what he was looking at and just noticed a Mini Van with a Drum Corps Decal on the back and he didn't think it was one of the Junior Corps.

He is somewhat familiar with Junior Corps but has no clue about Senior Corps.

It is very possible. We have several people that have mini vans, but I have never paid attention to the decals.

Our show this year is "That 70's Show" and includes Karn Evil 9, One More Time Chuck Corea, I'll Be There and Get It On. [emphasis added]

Hmmmm. This is at least the third time in the last 6 seasons that a DCA corps has played this tune ('03 Brigs, '06 MBI). I never thought it that great, but obviously it gets people's attention.

Good luck, DCK. Hope to see you guys at Prelims in Rocha-cha.

Bill Chase... THE BEST!!! EVER!!! RIP

"Get it on"... HIS BEST!!!

His work should be mandatory listening for all brass players - lest he be forgotten...

But for the record... Bucs did it best decades ago... actually, it was shortly after the plane crash that they did it... For you young 'uns who don't know... Bill Chase and his entire band died in a plane crash in the 70's.

After talking to some of DCKs folks last year all I can say is "Best of luck and looking forward to this year".

And after seeing the members hit the breakfast buffet, the hotel they stay at had better stock up. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, make sure the gas gauge is working before you leave... :doh::thumbup:

Bill Chase... THE BEST!!! EVER!!! RIP

"Get it on"... HIS BEST!!!

His work should be mandatory listening for all brass players - lest he be forgotten...

But for the record... Bucs did it best decades ago... actually, it was shortly after the plane crash that they did it... For you young 'uns who don't know... Bill Chase and his entire band died in a plane crash in the 70's.

Bill Chase and band died in August 1974. The next day, I pulled out all my Chase LPs and played them for hours. I still have those LPs, plus CDs added through the years. Got a wonderful gift of Bill Chase recordings just last year during the DCI Championships.

Chase used to sit on the tour bus and buzz his mouthpiece for hours. What a player!

Thanks DCK for playing Chase and to all others like Renegades who have honored Chase.