The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heading to Brookfield tonight for the exhibition? I'm hoping the rain will hold off for a few hours.

I drove through Brookfield earlier today, actually. Sucks that I couldn't hang around until tonight but I have to get to Chicago. Unfortunately the freight doesn't work around MY schedule! :tongue:

So how's the enrollment for Marching Mizzou looking for this year, Mike?? You gonna have a record number of marchers possibly? :tongue:

Anyone out there have the low-down on the Stanbury performance in Brookfield, MO? I.E., was this simply a standstill for the good folks at Standbury, or was this one of those all day practices in a stadium that eventually led to an end of day, full uniform performance opportunity?

Inquiring minds need to know??

Anyone out there have the low-down on the Stanbury performance in Brookfield, MO? I.E., was this simply a standstill for the good folks at Standbury, or was this one of those all day practices in a stadium that eventually led to an end of day, full uniform performance opportunity?

Inquiring minds need to know??

Chris K posted details on the Madison Scouts forum...

Chris K posted details on the Madison Scouts forum...

Thank you Linda......just read the info. If rain held, it looks like a great time for all. PR is a wonderful thing regarding all the help that's come from the folks at Stanbury. If it wasn't for them, the Scouts may have ended up wearing nothing but T-shirts and shorts in performances this summer. A BIG THANK YOU to Stanbury!

I saw the Scouts for the second time this year last night at Louisville. The corps has certainly improved from the Normal show. However, could they PLEASE put the guard in something other than the white tshirts after they take off the jackets. The "snug" tshirts are anything but flattering for several of the guard members. I was sitting near a high school band and the laughs and comments that happened at that point in the show do not help the Scouts image.

The Cavies guard, who went on prior to the Scouts last night, were perceived as VERY masculine. The Scouts guard, especially after removing the jackets, were seen as, let's just say...less than masculine.

I am not trying to get any Scout fans upset by this (I am indeed a Scouts fan), but am simply giving an

observation that was shared by many.

So...I just heard that madison will have a fleur in the closer..."I freaked out at the end because I was sitting there waiting to take a pic of the fleur de li and then it was over. I thought I'd missed it, but derek said they haven't added it yet."...yeah, heck yeah...

I saw the Scouts for the second time this year last night at Louisville. The corps has certainly improved from the Normal show. However, could they PLEASE put the guard in something other than the white tshirts after they take off the jackets. The "snug" tshirts are anything but flattering for several of the guard members. I was sitting near a high school band and the laughs and comments that happened at that point in the show do not help the Scouts image.

The Cavies guard, who went on prior to the Scouts last night, were perceived as VERY masculine. The Scouts guard, especially after removing the jackets, were seen as, let's just say...less than masculine.

I am not trying to get any Scout fans upset by this (I am indeed a Scouts fan), but am simply giving an

observation that was shared by many.

I don't have an answer as to "why" they're doing this but I've heard the same reaction from an uncomfortable number of fans. I've seen it myself, and my opinion is that this "look" it's not helping the Scouts "visuals" by any stretch of the imagination. I was always taught that "if you ain't got it, then drape it"! Snickering from the masses regarding the Scouts is not a good combo.