The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

maybe, but I saw the same thing...looked like a loose representation of a fleur to me.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

I believe those are Myran symbals.

GO SCOUTS !

Bill

I'm pretty sure you mean "Mayan" symbols, Bill. :tongue: I knew what you meant...

I'm pretty sure you mean "Mayan" symbols, Bill. :tongue: I knew what you meant...

I was fixin' it as you posted Geno ! :tongue: Ya gotta remember that I'm from Ky. and we just got shoes last week ! :tongue:

GO SCOUTS !

Bill

I was fixin' it as you posted Geno ! :tongue: Ya gotta remember that I'm from Ky. and we just got shoes last week ! :tongue:

GO SCOUTS !

Bill

:tongue:

I sure enjoy reading your posts about your son out there on the road with the Scouts, Bill! Same for Cymbalmom and Linda Slocum (who I was probably neighbors with when I lived in Saugus, California.)

The great times... the crazy antics... the hard work... the practicing all day and the shows at night... the bus rides (in those old Screamin' Eagles when we were in!) The fact that you get home and your chops are out of control amazing and (in the case of drummers) you can play stuff that makes people ask: "WHAT was THAT?" :tongue:

Since it is a competition based and rated activity, it's hard to get many people to believe or understand that simply the year spent as a Madison Scout is really the reward in and of itself, not so much where you wind up. I have no doubt that anyone from any corps would probably say the same thing about a year spent in their corps, be it BD, SCV, Cavaliers, Cadets, Bluecoats, Crown, etc etc. and they all share the common experience. Watching the Cavaliers Alumni the other night rehearsing had much of the same "once a Scout, always a Scout" camaraderie going, only in it's clear and obvious unique Cavaliers brotherhood way.

Pretty cool to think that if Scouts ever do another alumni performance, your son could be out there with YOU this time, like the Stone and Hummel father/son teams.

Awesome. :tongue:

Pretty cool to think that if Scouts ever do another alumni performance, your son could be out there with YOU this time, like the Stone and Hummel father/son teams.

Awesome. :tongue:

I'm sayin' Geno...we need to put together another

Alumni Corps in 2013 - 75th Anniversary!!!

I'm sayin' Geno...we need to put together another

Alumni Corps in 2013 - 75th Anniversary!!!

I'd be there!! :tongue:

Geno, It seems like yesterday we were out there man ! Thats a great thing about going on tour with the guys now. It makes me feel young again . :tongue: It's kind of wierd sometimes as I talk with Frankie about corps stuff. I catch myself editing what I say. The Scout in me wants to say one thing and the dad in me won't let me. ( Really thats not altogether true . I end up saying it anyway ! )

Of coarse We are from Ky. so Frankie and I being Father and son and Brothers at the same time fits right in around here ! :tongue:

GO SCOUTS !

Bill

I sure enjoy reading your posts about your son out there on the road with the Scouts, Bill! Same for Cymbalmom and Linda Slocum (who I was probably neighbors with when I lived in Saugus, California.)

Wow... small world...

Love the pics from Madison that Chris posted... that's my son Kevin with the red hair in pics #5713 and #5726, so if anyone sees him on tour, say Hi for me!

Kevin says that the guys feel they didn't do their best last night, so with better placement tonight (after intermission) and another day of practice under their belts, hopefully we'll see better scores.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ GO SCOUTS!!!!! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Geno, It seems like yesterday we were out there man ! Thats a great thing about going on tour with the guys now. It makes me feel young again . :tongue: It's kind of wierd sometimes as I talk with Frankie about corps stuff. I catch myself editing what I say. The Scout in me wants to say one thing and the dad in me won't let me. ( Really thats not altogether true . I end up saying it anyway ! )

Of coarse We are from Ky. so Frankie and I being Father and son and Brothers at the same time fits right in around here ! :tongue:

GO SCOUTS !

Bill

Bill,

Just as long as your son doesn't refer to you as Dad, Uncle, Brother and Sis all in the same breath.

Funny, is that dueling banjo's I hear in the background or is that just the 75' drum solo?