The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably my last post this week.

1. Alumni...pay your dues.

2. Good luck Madison...today...tomorrow, Friday, and hopefully on Saturday.

3. Baraboo. Enough said.

4. Thanks to the volunteers who were able to give of themselves this season. It's truly the most exhausting, never ending, sweaty, hard, and rewarding job anyone can do. I always was blown away when the marching members thanked me as they often did. I wanted to thank them for what they do. Nice when life works out that way.

5. Mr. Spanos and the rest of the staff. I said two years ago, we'd know by now...well, I know Madison is in capable hands at present.

6. Alumni....pay your dues. It's worth a second mention. And while I am at it...there are tons of non-alumni fans on this thread...one of the longest in DCP history I imagine. To you non-alums out there....it's really easy to click on that link that Linda always has in her signature. $100 is two weeks of PB&J!!! Best story of the entire thread in my opinion.

7. So good luck to the Scouts...GO SCOUTS!!! with the 3 exclamation points and whatnot. It's been fun conversing/arguing/getting MAD (get it?)/ with all of you. Hopefully we all have learned a few things.

8. Steve Powers is a great asset to the Scouts.

9. Jeff Koehn is a fine humanitarian and a wonderful artist.

10. GO SCOUTS!!!

And finally, may the Scouts achieve success this week as they individually and as a corps define it. And may they have the safest of travels to and from their rehearsal site to Bloomington and home from there.

[horns down]

Probably my last post this week.

1. Alumni...pay your dues.

2. Good luck Madison...today...tomorrow, Friday, and hopefully on Saturday.

3. Baraboo. Enough said.

4. Thanks to the volunteers who were able to give of themselves this season. It's truly the most exhausting, never ending, sweaty, hard, and rewarding job anyone can do. I always was blown away when the marching members thanked me as they often did. I wanted to thank them for what they do. Nice when life works out that way.

5. Mr. Spanos and the rest of the staff. I said two years ago, we'd know by now...well, I know Madison is in capable hands at present.

6. Alumni....pay your dues. It's worth a second mention. And while I am at it...there are tons of non-alumni fans on this thread...one of the longest in DCP history I imagine. To you non-alums out there....it's really easy to click on that link that Linda always has in her signature. $100 is two weeks of PB&J!!! Best story of the entire thread in my opinion.

7. So good luck to the Scouts...GO SCOUTS!!! with the 3 exclamation points and whatnot. It's been fun conversing/arguing/getting MAD (get it?)/ with all of you. Hopefully we all have learned a few things.

8. Steve Powers is a great asset to the Scouts.

9. Jeff Koehn is a fine humanitarian and a wonderful artist.

10. GO SCOUTS!!!

And finally, may the Scouts achieve success this week as they individually and as a corps define it. And may they have the safest of travels to and from their rehearsal site to Bloomington and home from there.

[horns down]

Thanks for your comments here Tom. I, for one, enjoyed reading your snippets. Since my wife was traveling with the Scouts for 3 weeks, this bulletin board gave me someone to talk to -- especially about the Madison Scouts. Since my wife left me again for Toledo and is traveling with the corp until finals, I guess I will have to meet up with any of you on the road as we drive to Bloomington!!

Here's hoping for the best for our Men from Madison!! :wink:

Thanks for your comments here Tom. I, for one, enjoyed reading your snippets. Since my wife was traveling with the Scouts for 3 weeks, this bulletin board gave me someone to talk to -- especially about the Madison Scouts. Since my wife left me again for Toledo and is traveling with the corp until finals, I guess I will have to meet up with any of you on the road as we drive to Bloomington!!

Here's hoping for the best for our Men from Madison!! :wink:

To all of you lucky Scouts fans that are going to Bloomington, enjoy, be safe, scream for the Scouts, and have a cold one for me!

Last minute decision for me -- but I'm going to Bloomington Friday with no ticket and no place to stay. No worries. It'll work out somehow.

I have to scream for my brothers.

Good for you! Everything will work out and you will be there to see the MADISON SCOUTS get back in the finals! :worthy::wink::wink:

a little off topic, actually a lot off topic. but i was just thinking how bad i want to see scouts in white pants again.

ok i feel better.

go scouts, i'll be in the theater tomorrow hoping you the best of luck. hopefully you can find that last minute strength and surge into finals. you have a lot of people behind you rooting for you

Credit and Tic Finals edition...

ok scouts are on the verge of being out of the race, so if your on and want them to win, id suggest getting over there and voting

edit: credit and tic thing

Edited by doyle079