Crunchy Frog Reunion at DCA 2008?

Crunchy Frog  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Crunchy Frog Reunion at DCA 2008?

• Yes.
    • Yes!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!
    • No.
    • NO! Please stop!!
    • NO! NO! NO! Death to Crunchy!!!! Arrrggh!
    • Errrr .... well ... Maybe.
    • Well, okay. But only if it has at least 35 lesbians

I am reading this and trying to figure out how this post isn't closed..... Any other post with this kind of negative atmosphere and attacks would be closed in a second.. Is this a double standard I see here from the monitors?

If I get axed again for this question, see everyone this weekend

Edited by kennadrin

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA just became a little less fun for me.

As a two-time Crunchy Frogger, I understand why some folks would get up in arms. The group was not designed to please the shako and stripe purists. Heck, I will admit that I was uncomfortable with it the second time. But it brought a ton of people from all different corps together for the twin purposes of promoting I&E for folks that normally wouldn't perform and celebrating the brotherhood of drum corps by bringing people together.

I must admit that I am saddened by the reactions of the I & E officials. To assume and exclude is never good.

Looks like we will be able to practice a bit later on Friday night!

:fight::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Now wait a minute here....

This is Empire's 25th Anniversary, and EMPIRE'S ALUMNI AND FANS ARE MAJOR RENEGADES FANS.

Pushing the envelope is strongly encouraged. Think about some of the stuff we (Empire) have done.

How's this? --- How many people can you have in competition, 11?

Nobody can control how well your audience participation effects are staged.

Just make sure your show has a beginning, a middle, and an end.

So I say Bring It -The Crunchy Frog Alumni All Stars/Select Ensemble/Special Edition.

Now wait a minute here....

This is Empire's 25th Anniversary, and EMPIRE'S ALUMNI AND FANS ARE MAJOR RENEGADES FANS.

Pushing the envelope is strongly encouraged. Think about some of the stuff we (Empire) have done.

How's this? --- How many people can you have in competition, 11?

Nobody can control how well your audience participation effects are staged.

Just make sure your show has a beginning, a middle, and an end.

So I say Bring It -The Crunchy Frog Alumni All Stars/Select Ensemble/Special Edition.

I am so in for this.......

I am so in for this.......

Eddie, my friend ... why? ... Just to upstage the DCA establishment? ... I don't get it ... with the progress of Mini-Corps into a viable competitive entity of their own, why participate in this attempt to upstage their moment? ... I don't get it ... if Crunchy Frog has a place in the DCA weekend festivities, let them take to the open street, as they have done before, and not disrupt the Mini-Corps venvue ... isn't that all Fred is asking for? ... why can't that be respected?

Could everyone think it through before this turns into some type of contempt-filled excercise ...

Thanks,

Andy "there's a time and place for everything" Lisko

If Crunchy Frog has been baned... Maybe it could come back as Tosty Toad. :smile:

If Crunchy Frog has been baned... Maybe it could come back as Tosty Toad. :smile:

Taste like chicken :smile:

Note: I have edited my earlier post, as I don't want it to be seen as an attack on DCA or it's officials, who do a great job for little or no pay. The Renegades have always been, and will continue to be supporters of DCA and especially of I & E.

We just won't have as strong a presence this year as we have in the past, including one fine year when half our corps participated.

I'm sure we'll be there in force on Friday night to watch and applaud. But we will also be working hard to put out the bext Renegades possible on Saturday!!

No where in my comments did I say anything about what Crunchy Frog might be performing, censorship has nothing to do with.

To be fair, no where in your original comment did you mention size as being the factor under consideration.

It makes perfect sense to enforce the size limit on the mini-corps venue. I wasn't aware that there was serious consideration for that being set-aside in this instance, although I don't pay all that close attention to every post, either.

Eddie, my friend ... why? ... Just to upstage the DCA establishment? ... I don't get it ... with the progress of Mini-Corps into a viable competitive entity of their own, why participate in this attempt to upstage their moment? ... I don't get it ... if Crunchy Frog has a place in the DCA weekend festivities, let them take to the open street, as they have done before, and not disrupt the Mini-Corps venvue ... isn't that all Fred is asking for? ... why can't that be respected?

Could everyone think it through before this turns into some type of contempt-filled excercise ...

Thanks,

Andy "there's a time and place for everything" Lisko

Do you really want some governing board that "gets to" decided who is "worthy" of performing...based on, what? Arbitrary, subjective criteria? I mean, I've watched some drum corps shows that have absolutely made me want to puke. But they've got every right (assuming they've followed the agreed upon rules and guidelines for doing so) to be there.

If I remember correctly, the schedule of events is very well posted. Don't want to see a particular act? Go get a beer.

What I think burns people more than just the existence of Crunchy Frog (and its various other noms de plume) is just how popular it is across the country. I think when Lee first announced the formation of Crunchy Frog, people were hoping to engage in the biggest case of shadenfrued. Unfortunately, it was wildly popular, gaining in size and numbers of corps across the country that are represented. It's fun an frivolity and anyone is invited to be a part of. There are plenty of drum corps snobs and purists that think <insert the name of any drum corps today> should not be allowed to call itself a "corps" and should not be allowed to be at DCA.

Six of one half a dozen of another.

You don't have to like it.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

bump