Crunchy Frog Reunion at DCA 2008?

Crunchy Frog  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Crunchy Frog Reunion at DCA 2008?

• Yes.
    • Yes!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!
    • No.
    • NO! Please stop!!
    • NO! NO! NO! Death to Crunchy!!!! Arrrggh!
    • Errrr .... well ... Maybe.
    • Well, okay. But only if it has at least 35 lesbians

No that was a shot at some guy in the Rochester post.. stop on over and say something to him lol

Yeah, I was bustin' on my new Statesmen friend Ken.

Sorry I'll miss that show on weekend of the 4th, it sounds like a doozy!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct ... and I don't ... that's not to say there isn't a proper time and place for CF to perform ... I just don't think that the Mini-Corps venue is the proper place ...

Andy

Now that the vote is in and this thread has reached a threshold, I would like to add my 2cents.

I saw the first CF, it reminded me of golden gate park during the 60's, everybody tripping on LSD

trying to freak each other out with outrageous costumes and funny behavior. It really didn't have much

to do with I&E. After about a minute and a half, it became boring and losts its humor. I did feel as though

these people were poking fun at DCA/I&E. Some were not amused and some left, it kind of broke up the

party, so to speak.

What this is really about, in my opinion, is Lee needs some attention. Poor fellow isn't getting much

at Renegades rehearsals these days and mostly remains at a distance. Its just too bad this crunchy frog stuff

splashes on the rest of the group, kind of like a wound that won't heal or keeps scabbing over. Because it does

not really represent how the majority of Senior corps fans in California feel about the activity, poking fun at it

and not taking it as seriously as others around the country do.

I like Fran's suggestion of doing it out front on the street and keeping it out of the "official" I&E venue.

That way its a matter of one's personal choice and not included in the price of admission....

Edited by muzzicman1

I just can't believe people write off Crunchy Frog as some sort of personal attack on DCA. Ridiculous.

This all makes me want to ... want to ... want to

bring Crunchy back.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ninja::ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I think you should go with this feeling Lee. It would be wrong to deny it. Might cause further psychological damage.

Now that the vote is in and this thread has reached a threshold, I would like to add my 2cents.

I saw the first CF, it reminded me of golden gate park during the 60's, everybody tripping on LSD

trying to freak each other out with outrageous costumes and funny behavior. It really didn't have much

to do with I&E. After about a minute and a half, it became boring and losts its humor. I did feel as though

these people were poking fun at DCA/I&E. Some were not amused and some left, it kind of broke up the

party, so to speak.

What this is really about, in my opinion, is Lee needs some attention. Poor fellow isn't getting much

at Renegades rehearsals these days and mostly remains at a distance. Its just too bad this crunchy frog stuff

splashes on the rest of the group, kind of like a wound that won't heal or keeps scabbing over. Because it does

not really represent how the majority of Senior corps fans in California feel about the activity, poking fun at it

and not taking it as seriously as others around the country do.

I like Fran's suggestion of doing it out front on the street and keeping it out of the "official" I&E venue.

That way its a matter of one's personal choice and not included in the price of admission....

Billy,

I understand that you are still upset about suddenly not being able to be in the Renegades horn line anymore, but that wasn't anyone else's doing but your own. Your personal attacks are inaccurate, but I understand where you are coming from today.

Peace

I've been away all week and I'm way too tired to go back and read 22+ pages of this thread:

Look, Crunchy Frog (for better or worse) has brought hundreds of drum corps enthusiasts a little bit of happiness by allowing us to come from all ends of the continent and act silly (or normal in some cases) for a few minutes TOGETHER. It is not (nor has it ever been) intended as a slight at DCA or drum corps or tradition or any of that. True, the spectacle that was created during that one night at the mini corps competition was something that bordered or insanity, but the rules state quite clearly that a mini corps with more than the eligible number of participants will not be allowed to perform. Period. Besides, Crunchy Frog has never duplicated entries in the past. So you have nothing to worry about. If you are offended by the presence of the goof-balls in CF, you do in fact have the ability to walk away; to simply not look. Same thing applies to those offended by what's on TV these days. Raise your children. Change the channel, don't try to change the world.

Summary = LIVE AND LET LIVE.

... Lee needs some attention ...

Really? I don't know him personally, but it seems to me that he does what he does to promote the activity and get people involved and excited to participate.

I don't mean to argue with you but simply provide another point of view... There are many ways to look at things.

evilfrogs.jpg

ShhhHHHHH :ninja: