The Official 2008 Glassmen Thread

Spoke to my son on Friday nigh after the show and he said the kiddos are pretty pumped about a couple of "teachers" returning from their individual homes for finals week. Most notable he is happy the main brass man has returned. For him to still be excited about the possibliles of improving says it all for me. Could a 90 be possible? That number didn't mean anything to me 3 months ago, but it sure does now. Can't wait to see the kids again on Thursday.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to my son on Friday nigh after the show and he said the kiddos are pretty pumped about a couple of "teachers" returning from their individual homes for finals week. Most notable he is happy the main brass man has returned. For him to still be excited about the possibliles of improving says it all for me. Could a 90 be possible? That number didn't mean anything to me 3 months ago, but it sure does now. Can't wait to see the kids again on Thursday.

This might be the wrong forum, but does anyone know if the Glassmen are doing the encore on Monday night in Toledo? Or would it be Phantom. Just curious as I was thinking of making the drive up from IN.

Thanks!!

This might be the wrong forum, but does anyone know if the Glassmen are doing the encore on Monday night in Toledo? Or would it be Phantom. Just curious as I was thinking of making the drive up from IN.

Thanks!!

I'm not positive but that's what I would imagine. That's how it was for the first toledo show. They'll do retreat with prolly phantom then do encore by themselves.

Excellent show last night at Whitmer! Glad to see Glassmen reclaim their spot over BK. They played a really good show last night and the Encore was outstanding. The hornline has twice as much volume from the last time a saw them. They were really something else! I was a little upset that they did not play Time to Say Goodbye during the encore. My brother told me they were practicing it a lot during the last week and then all of a sudden they decided to just play Madre. However, it doesn't matter. I had a great time last night and look forward to seeing them again on Friday and Saturday!

Props to Glassmen for jumping to 8th place. I liked their show when I saw it Orlando. Can't wait to see them on the big screen!!

After listening to the APD, I can see why they got they scored behind BAC, BK, and BS tonight. Simply were not on at all. I know they will bounce back tomorrow and reclaim their position.

Got a late start out of Detroit and missed Gmen last night. Downloaded the APD also and I think 1) either the pit was amped up too much or the placement of the mikes sucked. Others have said all the APDs were recorded poorly. 2) Gmen did sound a little muddy in places. After they pound it today at rehearsal they should bounce back tonight. Go Gmen!

Got a late start out of Detroit and missed Gmen last night. Downloaded the APD also and I think 1) either the pit was amped up too much or the placement of the mikes sucked. Others have said all the APDs were recorded poorly. 2) Gmen did sound a little muddy in places. After they pound it today at rehearsal they should bounce back tonight. Go Gmen!

apparently not...