The Official 2008 Glassmen Thread

AALLL Righty now! The latest DCI Standings according to DCIguy has the GMEN tied with Boston for 10th place. Less than .5 from Stars as well. And within shooting range of BK! Now we all know that everyting could and most likely will change again tonight. But where are all those Glassmen will fall out of finals comments now???? Good job to all the corps as they improve each show as well. It's going to be REAL interesting at semi-finals!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will happen. It appears to me that many posters just can not fathom that the Glassmen may actually be good. I have little knowlege that years of watching DCI "may" bring but when I watch the shows of corps around us I can't understand why so many on this board seem to believe the Glassmen are on the way down and out. Aren't the Gmen busy cleaning up also?

To correct a typo in one of my previous posts. I believe all the corps are working as hard as they can. INCLUDING my sons corps, the Gmen.

Also as an aside I have seen 2 shows live and as many as possible on FN and if there is any 1 corps getting the short end of the stick score wise it is the Troopers. I find their show very, very creative and entertaining.

Right On. Troopers are making a move but seem to be caught in a headwind. Even with a smaller guard then the rest of the pack the show is not getting the credit I think most people think they should be getting. Including me. As far as Gmen not getting any love...I know I've been giving credit and support to Xmen, Madison, Colts all season and it seems that what we keep getting back is "Gmen falling out of finals", "Can Glassmen hold on to a top 12 spot?", "the show design sucks" etc. But maybe now that they're tied with Boston for 10th (at least for today) those type of comments will start to fall by the wayside. Let the scores speak for themselves and we'll see what happens at Allentown.

The Glassmen using props is nothing new to the Corps. I know I may be missing something here but I have the Glassmen using kites in 90,91,98?

Coming in a little late, but I can attest to this...having been hit by the ###### things enough times... :thumbup:

Right On. Troopers are making a move but seem to be caught in a headwind. Even with a smaller guard then the rest of the pack the show is not getting the credit I think most people think they should be getting. Including me. As far as Gmen not getting any love...I know I've been giving credit and support to Xmen, Madison, Colts all season and it seems that what we keep getting back is "Gmen falling out of finals", "Can Glassmen hold on to a top 12 spot?", "the show design sucks" etc. But maybe now that they're tied with Boston for 10th (at least for today) those type of comments will start to fall by the wayside. Let the scores speak for themselves and we'll see what happens at Allentown.

I just don't understand that either. I know posters got their undies in a bundle when I stated "spewing venome", but from the uninitiated that is how it appears. I like my perspective because I do not have "years of experience" to cloud what I am seeing now. "Historically" does not necessarily mean a hill of beans for the current. I do know however what appeals to me. The Cadets march and sound great, the narration - silly; Carolina Crown, love the show; Troopers, already spoke about; Bluecoats, enjoy show; Crossmen, did not like the show the first time I saw it - really enjoy it now; the top 4-5 speak for themselves. As far as the design of the Gmen "sucking" the 2 shows I attended the crowd loved them - both times the first standing ovation of the show. The people appear to like it. In a 10-12 days we will know for sure.

Well guys I got my wish last night and the G-MEN went up in score I was getting a little shakey there for a little while ,

oh ye of little faith and I'm talking about me ! I should know better . You guys are absolutly right about the Troop those

kids are definately not getting the respect that they so greatly deserve ! Besides the Glassmen the Troopers and Crown

are my two other favorite corps , I cant lie I absolutly like the Blue Stars & Bostons shows also I just want my kids to

beat em ! :thumbup: But as usual best of luck to all the corps ! :thumbup:

Well guys I got my wish last night and the G-MEN went up in score I was getting a little shakey there for a little while ,

oh ye of little faith and I'm talking about me ! I should know better . You guys are absolutly right about the Troop those

kids are definately not getting the respect that they so greatly deserve ! Besides the Glassmen the Troopers and Crown

are my two other favorite corps , I cant lie I absolutly like the Blue Stars & Bostons shows also I just want my kids to

beat em ! :thumbup: But as usual best of luck to all the corps ! :thumbup:

Hey Rudi...went up in score is an understatement. When other corps have done that "oh my god THEY'RE ON THE MOVE"...but when Gmen do it ...ok so what? I'm old school and if Madison, Blue Stars and Boston can be back in the top 6 at DCI at the same time I'll die a happy man. And that's not even talking about making finals all at the same time. (maybe that's backward?) That's icing on the cake. I just hope that eveyone is starting to understand that the Glassmen are not chopped liver this year. If they don't like the show that's fine. But god help anyone that says it sucks....lol! I'm a former Marine and I do carry a GRUDGE!!! LOL! Good luck to ALL the corps as this might be one of the best DCI (prelims and finals) EVER!

Hey Rudi...went up in score is an understatement. When other corps have done that "oh my god THEY'RE ON THE MOVE"...but when Gmen do it ...ok so what? I'm old school and if Madison, Blue Stars and Boston can be back in the top 6 at DCI at the same time I'll die a happy man. And that's not even talking about making finals all at the same time. (maybe that's backward?) That's icing on the cake. I just hope that eveyone is starting to understand that the Glassmen are not chopped liver this year. If they don't like the show that's fine. But god help anyone that says it sucks....lol! I'm a former Marine and I do carry a GRUDGE!!! LOL! Good luck to ALL the corps as this might be one of the best DCI (prelims and finals) EVER!

Unfortunately rankings mean almost nothing most of the time. Until everyone gets together in 1 show things usually can flip flop alot and I would bet in that 10th to 15th area it going to.

Hope Glassmen do well actually IMO its the most tasteful Glassmen. Would love to see them finally break that 11th spot they have been in for a few years if they could.

Best of Luck Glassmen and everyone scratching and clawing at this point..lol :thumbup:

I have little knowlege that years of watching DCI "may" bring but when I watch the shows of corps around us I can't understand why so many on this board seem to believe the Glassmen are on the way down and out. Aren't the Gmen busy cleaning up also?

As impartial as I can be as an alumni of the corps, I will answer it this way. Everyone is jumping on the Blue Stars, Crossmen and Madison Scouts bandwagon because they are the underdog. Everyone wants to see the underdog succeed. I know it seemed like everyone was rooting for us in '98 to break the top 6 for the first time (except those who boo'd the Scouts falling to 6th behind us on Finals night :thumbup: ) and I think the corps put out shows that were just as good or better between '99-'02. After that '98 season, the corps got the lame "Boring" label because they were not the underdog anymore.

The best way to get people to rally around the corps is to put a run together and to break the status quo. The corps has finished in 11th for the last 3 years with another potential 11th place finish this season. I haven't seen the show since that first week of tour but i enjoyed what I saw. As an almuni I'll always be proud of what the corp does. Some corps move up, other corps move down. In recent years the G-men have been stagnant and the general "Joe Public" fan hasn't had a lot to grab on to and cheer for. I read comments from other posters on here in reviews using words like "nice" "decent", and "pretty good" to describe the corps. That tells me the crowd isn't getting that "WOW!!" factor to rally behind and jump on our bandwagon..

The best way to get people to rally around the corps is to put a run together and to break the status quo. The corps has finished in 11th for the last 3 years with another potential 11th place finish this season. I haven't seen the show since that first week of tour but i enjoyed what I saw. As an almuni I'll always be proud of what the corp does. Some corps move up, other corps move down. In recent years the G-men have been stagnant and the general "Joe Public" fan hasn't had a lot to grab on to and cheer for. I read comments from other posters on here in reviews using words like "nice" "decent", and "pretty good" to describe the corps. That tells me the crowd isn't getting that "WOW!!" factor to rally behind and jump on our bandwagon..

Pretty much agree with those statements

As far as the "WOW" factor, maybe they could get George Hopkins to jump out of one of those steamer chests..... :thumbup:

Edited by baja