19 Kingston Grenadiers 75.250

20 Frontier 71.538

21 Carolina Gold 70.900

22 Gulf Coast Sound 70.175

23 Lakeshoremen 66.725

24 Shenandoah Sound 62.763

Open Class

Declared Class A

I'm just curious (and that's ALL that it is - curiosity)

Why would Renegades and So Cal be given an "exception" for seeding? Lack of contests?

thanks

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exemption rule for Corps not having enough August show, mainly Cal Corps has been in effect for a dew years. I believe it says they can tke the spot they had last year.

Sound like a trick the NE Corps are trying to play. They couldn't be helping these Corps prosper.

Thanks Peggly - your comments are appreciated...

The exemption rule (previously know as the MBI rule) has existed in one form or another for quite literally decades. Despite the fearce rivalry among corps, once you have fought the fight a comradery exists that must be seen to be appreciated. While the California corps can not be expected to travel east more than once and recognizing that there are not enough west coast corps to have a DCA West (YET!), the member corps chose to vote an exemption rule that would protect such corps - and yes, thank them for spending oodles of money to join with all DCA Weekend rather than penalize them for not competing in sanctioned shows.

The rule is quite simple and states something like this "any corps not having participated in a DCA Sanctioned Show during the regular season, will be seeded in the position earned the previous championship."

If I may borrow some of Peggly's sarcasm... Gee Whiz Batman, just maybe the member corps of DCA really do care about the common good of the activity.

Edited by TomPeashey

I know this...thank God for those 2 25 minute breaks at prelims. I don't want to miss a corps!!!

If I may borrow some of Peggly's sarcasm... Gee Whiz Batman, just maybe the member corps of DCA really do care about the common good of the activity.

I dont understand the need for sarcasm at all. The questioner specifically stated they were asking out of curiousity only.

Edited by Scerpella

The exemption rule for Corps not having enough August show, mainly Cal Corps has been in effect for a dew years. I believe it says they can tke the spot they had last year.

Sound like a trick the NE Corps are trying to play. They couldn't be helping these Corps prosper.

oh my.

time to remember where i left my tinfoil hat.

The scores of those "lower tier" corps are important because on DCP everybody has an equal say. Everybody's sweat is just as sweaty whether it's for the last spot in A Class Finals or an Open Class Four-Peat.

If some corps feels uninspired by the lack of worthy competition, then please accept our apology - we'll all try to provide a competitive atmosphere that is worthy of floating your boat.

The guys with the Bowties will be carrying the fight that Vince Bruni started 25 years ago to put the activity back in the hands of (1) the fans, and (2) the thousands of drum corps participants who just want a fair shot to build their corps to highest level.

I encourage all of you to stop and say hello to any member of the Empire Statesmen you see at I&E this Friday. They'll be there to soak up every ounce of excitement of this wonderful activity offers - we're all in this together.

goodness me. what subversive bitterness.

you and VOReason need to get a room together. but taking shots at *other* corps, no matter how subtle is very unbecoming especially when you put your name behind it. makes you look like A$#.

i don't see any other Empire or Bucs representin' here, nor would i expect to, only a gaff-maker and a troll.

i expect you both to clap for all the corps out there.

goodness me. what subversive bitterness.

you and VOReason need to get a room together. but taking shots at *other* corps, no matter how subtle is very unbecoming especially when you put your name behind it. makes you look like A$#.

i don't see any other Empire or Bucs representin' here, nor would i expect to, only a gaff-maker and a troll.

i expect you both to clap for all the corps out there.

Dear clonnyandbyde (if that IS your real name),

You seem to be acusing me of "subversive bitterness" ... that really hurts, cuz I was shooting for "overt sweetness."

And - according to you - by putting my name behind it, it makes me look like an ###.

You, on the other hand - DON'T look like an ### because you DIDN'T put your name behind it (wish I would have thought of that...nahhh).

I'm okay with my name being out there because I'm only taking shots at one specific group of DCP'ers...

Some of you Buc Cheerleaders (you know, the ones who predicted Empire to be 6th) seem to be pretty full of yourselves. And by insulting the "lower tier" corps, I feel compelled to respond.

BUT I WILL MAKE A DEAL WITH YOU:

I'll come right out and say that the performers in Empire have been told to NOT get involved in this Finals Week BS. My remarks and over-the-top, hyper-exaggerated, rabble rousing will be directed ONLY at goofball, pompous, arrogant Buc Cheerleaders like VOReason, AND absolutely NOT at the actual performers in blue (you can check my posting history and you'll see that I've never done that).

I'm an Empire Alumnus and I'll take shots AT and FROM other Alums or fans - but we'll let the performers in uniform do their talking on the field. Deal?

And as far clapping for the other corps - you bet - but I have to warn you, a lot of us are closet Fusion Core groupies.