2008 Standings

lionel-richie.jpg

Lisa, that is SO beautiful I just stole it and made it my avatar.

Hope ya don't mind!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed,................it has also been said that you shouldn't even compare scores from DCA show to DCA show................

Hmmmm... Any plans for mid-season Super Regionals so that we can all get a head-to-head match-up before prelims, then? Probably not anytime soon. I guess that pulling scores from different shows and different judges and different circuits and different days and getting a "rough sketch", albeit a very sketchy rough sketch, of how all of us stack up is the best we can do at the moment. We all should know that nothing truly counts until we're at the same show on the same day anyway.

Maybe we shouldn't get ranked by scores, but by who beat who? Say that the Bucs beat Empire at one show, Empire beats Cabs at another show, and then at another show Bucs beat Cabs as well. We could just ignore the scores... Maybe Bucs' score went down one week and Empire's score at some other show that same day is higher; we would still rank just these three corps according to who beat who:

1-Bucs

2-Empire

3-Cabs

It would be a bit more of a complex system to keep track of, though. And everyone would have to meet up with everyone else at some point in the season, probably more than once. It might be a bit more of a realistic ranking system, but not feasible with a bunch of weekend warriors that mostly stick to their region until the championship.

But, like going from prelims to finals, it's the LAST score that really counts. Hence, it's the last score earned that makes it on the rankings.

Ahh, didnt know about the Coon Rapids show.

This numbers game is sooooo crazy. I think we should all be ranked 7

i agree with Tiff.

"And now...........in a historic 26 corps tie for 7th place..............is"

Edited by ContraRich77

I believe the TOTAL overall standings as of this date are as follows (including the apples & oranges DCA corps on DCI sheets, etc.):

01 (01) - 78.300 (3) - Buccaneers

02 (03) - 75.000 (6) - Renegades

03 (02) - 73.375 (1) - Minnesota Brass

04 (04) - 73.450 (3) - Hurricanes

05 (05) - 73.113 (3) - Caballeros

06 (06) - 69.425 (3) - Bushwackers

07 (07) - 68.413 (3) - CorpsVets

08 (NR) - 68.000 (1) - Dream

09 (08) - 67.125 (5) - Kilties

10 (10) - 66.375 (1) - Chops, Inc

11 (09) - 65.075 (3) - Crusaders

12 (12) - 62.250 (1) - Govenaires

13 (11) - 61.375 (4) - Gulf Coast Sound

14 (13) - 57.375 (4) - Frontier

15 (14) - 55.700 (7) - Fusion Core

with Brigs, Empire, and like another 8 Class A corps to be added later

Remember to include Music City Legend in the Open Class Corps. Not sure when they are doing their first show...

agreed,................it has also been said that you shouldn't even compare scores from DCA show to DCA show................

That's my vote, especially when the shows being compared are one or more time zones away.

Remember to include Music City Legend in the Open Class Corps. Not sure when they are doing their first show...

Their first show is tonight at EKU Stadium at the DCI show Drums across the Bluegrass.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all controversies aside, doesn't DCA only post scores on their website from DCA sanctioned shows? This was a DCI Pacific show.....

Yes. yes, yes... I know. I didn't know if your show was considered DCA sanctioned. I asked before checking. My bad.