Rockford Lounge

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking forward to a recap

Forget Cadets and Coats...Boston is closer to the Coats than the Coats are to the Cadets....

First big suprise of the season...Go Boston!

Edited by arno0940

1 The Cavaliers 73.400

2 Phantom Regiment 72.400

3 Carolina Crown 70.200

4 Colts 64.500

5 Blue Stars 62.500

6 Madison Scouts 61.500

Open Class

1 Colt Cadets 52.800

2 Racine Scouts 46.500

Go Cavies and PR!!!

Wow, what a night. I had the adrenaline coursing through my veins (restricted though they may be), and the anxiety of a crappy signal at the stadium and a battery (in my phone) that was giving up the ghost.

Left before the scores were announced (we have a curfew after all). Got home and saw that DCI had posted them. BAH! Seriously folks, here's how I would have put them:

1. Cavies

2. Crown

3. Phantom (I AM SPARTACUS!)

4. Madison

5. Colts

6. Blue Stars

But then again, who am I? A common, regular, run of the mill fan. I do not have any credentials to make my case, so you have to take it from a little old lady.

Picking up where I left off:

Blue Stars. They had some great dynamics, but I was distracted by the guard frankly. They come strolling along the front with 10-speed bicycle wheels tied to the front and back of a flag pole. The wheels were twisting around and it was stupid. Then they put bike handles (the curvy kind) on the end of a flag pole at one point. Then they wore bicycle uniforms with helmets. Just seem to be trying a bit too hard to me.

Never have liked their helmets with the offset plume (oops...is that the elephant in the room?).

Colts: Nothing too memorable. The only thing I remember was, "it's just downright WRONG to make guys in the guard wear those uniforms."

Carolina was simply wonderful. They are a bit rough right now, but when they clean this sucker up, you better watch out. It was great to see them step on Phantom's home turf and see them play 1812 with such a full sound. The crowd erupted. Probably the biggest ovation of the night. The crowd was on their feet at least 30 seconds before the show was over (which is no big deal 25 years ago, but these days that's pretty early). BTW: they hit the crowd with a WALL of sound with their first note.

Phantom's show was interesting and I think it will come together. I just wasn't as taken with it as some. Possibly because they came on right after Crown who stole the show.

BUT, even though some of you will hate this, I think the Cavie's show this year is FABULOUS. I was on the edge of my seat the entire show.

Got to get to bed.

Photos are posted. See new thread.

Goodnight everyone.

and Crown...a distant third.

And Madison...looks like they have some more work to do.

Interesting Cadets win with a 71 and this show has two corps over 72.

hahaha I said the same thing on the toledo thread hahahaa, n