Finals placement set on Day 1

I can also "boldly" predict that the Troopers will not make Finals this year not because they don't have a Finals caliber show, but because their first score of the year was very low.

People were saying the same thing in 1985, but look where they finished. They beat us and VK as well as a new upstart corps called Star of Indiana.

Madison, WI

Open Class Finals

1 Garfield Cadets 98.4

2 Vanguard 97.2

3 Blue Devils 97.1

4 Madison Scouts 95.0

5 Cavaliers 94.1

6 Suncoast Sound 92.7

7 Spirit of Atlanta 91.0

8 Phantom Regiment 90.1

9 Troopers 86.7

10 Star of Indiana 85.8

11 Velvet Knights 85.3

12 Freelancers 83.2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People were saying the same thing in 1985, but look where they finished. They beat us and VK as well as a new upstart corps called Star of Indiana.

Looking at the Troopers '85 scores, though, they seem to have been consistently in the Finals hunt all year - they were beating corps that ended below them and losing to corps that finished above. Looks like they didn't really make a move up during the season - it was accomplished between '84 and '85.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Well, I missed it by 1 (Scouts instead of Colts). And I missed the top 6 by one as well (Bluecoats instead of SCV).

Still, not bad for a Jun 22 guess.

But I do feel somewhat better about "slotting." I thought for sure BD would win it all. (I actually thought PR deserved the title) And for Madison to make finals after such a slow start in the season is comforting. (as well as Troopers making semis)