Will Regiment change their Uniforms before end of season?

Well, I thought this was a best kept secret, but I guess the cat is out of the bag. I can now, officially, confirm that Phantom will indeed debut new uniforms which have been inspired by the "Roman" theme of Sparticus.

Phantom had closed the test stadium from the public to keep this secret, so it was just lucky I had a camera with a good telephoto lens so we can all get a preview of the '08 unis.

Enjoy!

04_19_2005_indiana_91.jpg

In another amazing twist the drumline will be switching to premier drums also!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In another amazing twist the drumline will be switching to premier drums also!

And the King 2-valve bugles are on order! (at least that's the rumor coming from DCP sources :biggrin: )

Most of the old guys will recognize the Star of Indiana uniforms from their 1991 World Championship year and the "Roman Festival" show. For you new guys, I wish you could have been there. :laugh:

Edited by wvu80

Most of the old guys will recognize the Star of Indiana uniforms from their 1991 World Championship year and the "Roman Festival" show. For you new guys, I wish you could have been there. :biggrin:

Man...I now feel old! But I was certainly glad I was there...

And the King 2-valve bugles are on order! (at least that's the rumor coming from DCP sources :biggrin: )

Most of the old guys will recognize the Star of Indiana uniforms from their 1991 World Championship year and the "Roman Festival" show. For you new guys, I wish you could have been there. :laugh:

Ok, now I feel old too. That was one of my favorite shows!

As far as the guard uniform goes......knowing Adam Sage and his history at PR, I would look for more additions/changes in the guard uniform department.

Can't wait to see them in San Antonio! SUTA

I'm cool with that...but please...NO hair extensions like the 1998 Regiment guard. And I'm sure they're glad they are not wearing skimpy outfits on this visit to Rome...do you know what you have practice in to not have tan lines when you have skimpy guard outfits?!? :biggrin:

More accessorizing is certainly a good possibility, but concern for their financial survival suggests that a wholesale uniform or other costly visual change just for the theme of this show would be a really bad idea. This corps has had some perilous financial issues in recent years, and they've had the added cost of two west coast tours in a row in years with record gas prices, as well as new unis and instruments recently. They need to manage their finances more conservatively than swapping to all new unis for one show, so they're still around to compete in the future.

I'm sure you've been helped but allow me to offer...Checks can be sent to The Phantom Regiment, Rockford Illinois.

Now...Stanbury ring any bells? They are a uniform company and corps sponsor. See, the Regiment (and some other corps) have a partnership agreement. Do I know the details of the agreement? Nope. Do you? Nope as well.

But my educated guess would be what's good for the Regiment is good for Stanbury.

As far as the west coast tour...some of us (Phoenix area) are thrilled to get to see them a couple times two years in a row.

Finances are constantly a concern of every corps. Blue Devils, SCV and others travel great distances every year. So, go poke your nose and ask them about their financial concerns.

Next...

Would this be feasible?

800px-Roman_Helmet(Costume).jpg

But hopefully not this...

20050622_110_Romans.jpg

I like this...

pic13.jpg

I was thinking a baldric of Imperial Purple, but that wouldn't really work with the drum finish, either.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor