I just saw something that is very disturbing...

Take it easy Brasso I'm sure the poster didn't mean anything thats prejudice or sexest , relax my friend ! :angry:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rbv0190297.jpg

Work it, girlfriend.

" Japs " ?

whoa...... that's like using the " N " word with the Asian- American community.

Moderator might want to consider closing this thread down.

It's had both sexist and then racist remarks, and as such needs to be taken out of it's misery in my opinion.

Censorship in this funny is very funny. The term "Japs" was not even used in a derogatory manner, it was a hyperbolic statement used to prove a point. Language is a complex animal, but I hope people know a hyperbole when they read one :-\. That being said, I have a question. Why is it that people say "the N word" instead of just saying "######". It doesn't make any sense. Everyone knows what "N" is the first letter of in this context, you implied quite well WHAT that "N" is supposed to represent, and we're all adults here, why the circumvention? Can people read "the N word" but as soon as you actually spell it out they start foaming at the mouth and beating the ground bones, grunting and spitting like the beginning of "2001"?

As the late great George Carlin said about 15 years ago in response to political correctness in this country, "There is nothing wrong with words in and of themselves, it's the context. To some that may seem obvious, but it seems people must honestly still lack basic reading comprehension skills if the word "Jap" used in an a dry and academic context warrants a thread being closed.

Ask any members of the Asian- American Community if the term " the Japs" in the phrase '"The Japs attacked Pearl Harbour" is offensive. I think you'll find that while " the Japs " is a" proper word " in your vocabulary, it is most definately considered a pjorative and racist word useage in many quarters of the Asian- American community.

All the Squareheads and Limeys out there should be the governing group concerning what is a slur.....

Male guard members wearing the same uniform as the females. Yikes!

Is that all?

You need to get out more. Come to my neighborhood and I'll show you some really disturbing things. :angry:

Hey, where did you get that picture of me? :laughing:

Better make sure your blinds are drawn before you start your ballet practice.

And here I thought you hated "dancing and prancing" in drum corps! Methinks though dost protestith too muchith....or something like that. :angry:

Censorship in this funny is very funny. The term "Japs" was not even used in a derogatory manner, it was a hyperbolic statement used to prove a point. Language is a complex animal, but I hope people know a hyperbole when they read one :-\. That being said, I have a question. Why is it that people say "the N word" instead of just saying "######". It doesn't make any sense. Everyone knows what "N" is the first letter of in this context, you implied quite well WHAT that "N" is supposed to represent, and we're all adults here, why the circumvention? Can people read "the N word" but as soon as you actually spell it out they start foaming at the mouth and beating the ground bones, grunting and spitting like the beginning of "2001"?

As the late great George Carlin said about 15 years ago in response to political correctness in this country, "There is nothing wrong with words in and of themselves, it's the context. To some that may seem obvious, but it seems people must honestly still lack basic reading comprehension skills if the word "Jap" used in an a dry and academic context warrants a thread being closed.

You ask " why is it that people say " the N word instead of just saying "######" and why " actually spelling it out people start foaming at the mouth " with that ?

I can't believe anyone would seriously ask this question. So I'll choose not to offer up an answer to the question.

George Carlin was a gifted comedian. He was also a drug addict and a very vulgar man. But to each his own.

Edited by BRASSO